This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon X and Y LL bundles will have digital copies.

#21ChaosCreativityPosted 6/30/2013 11:02:25 AM
Does it come with both? If not, i'm gonna buy a physical copy of the other version just because I like having cases/cartridges
#22edwardsharpePosted 6/30/2013 11:08:28 AM
Wait so they don't include a physical copy of the game with the bundle?
I have never owned a 3DS and was thinking of buying the Pokemon X/Y bundle when it comes out. Now I'm not so sure since I would rather have a physical copy of the game.
---
Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day
#23BerserkLeonPosted 6/30/2013 11:14:09 AM
edwardsharpe posted...
Wait so they don't include a physical copy of the game with the bundle?
I have never owned a 3DS and was thinking of buying the Pokemon X/Y bundle when it comes out. Now I'm not so sure since I would rather have a physical copy of the game.

That too, I don't really want my pokemon games, of all things, to be tied to the system they came on. I have a regular 3DS (black) and am quite happy with it.. I don't really want to buy an XL that comes with a game that I can only use on the XL. I think I could transfer it to the 3DS.. but then its locked to the 3ds.
Basically I'm under the impression that they just include the digital copies to drive the price up more, which would be fine if it were a physical thing I was getting with the console.. even better, make the carts a special shade of red/blue you can only get in the bundles... but not something digital that's locked to one system, and is in no way special.
#24Kira_Elric2Posted 6/30/2013 11:50:22 AM
BerserkLeon posted...
FuneralCake posted...
BerserkLeon posted...
If you mean to put them on another 3ds, that won't work, that's part of the reason their system's archaic.
all digital games are tied to the 3DS/DSi they were bought on, unless you do the system transfer thing, which re-encrypts them for the new system and deactivates the old copies.

There are ways they could do this which would not enable piracy and would make us happy, but they're not interested in that.

I don't want to put them on another system, though. All I want to be able to do is have the game(s) on another SD card, so that way I can restart the game without losing my data and having to buy another copy of the game.

Yeah, having backups is one of the pros of the digital games.

You can do that with most games. As long as it's to the same system you CAN clone the contents of an SD card an have multiple saves for games. But Nintendo has gone out of their way to make that impossible for Animal Crossing, and will most assuredly do that with Pokemon. If they didn't you could so very easily clone Pokemon and Items from the games.
#25m0derationPosted 6/30/2013 6:14:12 PM
Pro is obviously re-sale value. Digital copies need to be cheaper. Pokemon cartridges are notorious for being worth alot when they stop being printed. Like right now I could sell my Heart Gold for almost as much as I purchased it. Digital copies you never have that right. And honestly Nintendo's DRM policy is pretty bad.
#26LeanaunfurledPosted 7/4/2013 4:46:31 AM
Is there any word on this? I mean, official? Mario Kart 7 bundle was physical, New Super Mario Bros 2 bundle was physical, Monster Hunter 4 bundle is physical. I mean it's likely it'll be digital, though I have absolutely no clue how they'd handle two different game versions for a bundle that isn't exclusive to either one of them,.
---
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png 3DS FC 2707-2560-1312
Bravely Default will be localized. AC:NL Dream Code 4300-2148-0793
#27Serebii from SPPPosted 7/4/2013 4:53:31 AM
Leanaunfurled posted...
Is there any word on this? I mean, official? Mario Kart 7 bundle was physical, New Super Mario Bros 2 bundle was physical, Monster Hunter 4 bundle is physical. I mean it's likely it'll be digital, though I have absolutely no clue how they'd handle two different game versions for a bundle that isn't exclusive to either one of them,.

Yep, it says it on the official site. Two different packs for each console, an X Pack and a Y Pack
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#28NewbieN00bPosted 7/4/2013 4:54:12 AM
Leanaunfurled posted...

"Following their reveal on Sunday, we now have pictures of the two special 3DS XL models being released for Pokémon X & Y this October in Japan. Costing 22,800Ľ, these consoles come with Pokémon X or Pokémon Y pre-installed within it and a 4GB SD Card. The blue Pokémon 3DS XL will be released all around Japan, while the gold one will be released only within Pokémon Centers. It is currently unclear if one, or both, will make it outside of Japan. Click the respective thumbnail to see a bigger picture "

Serebii.net
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#29LeanaunfurledPosted 7/4/2013 4:56:16 AM
Damn, they get both? I'm jealous. Thanks for the info.
---
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png 3DS FC 2707-2560-1312
Bravely Default will be localized. AC:NL Dream Code 4300-2148-0793
#30ShadowShirePosted 7/5/2013 5:51:28 PM
NewbieN00b posted...
Leanaunfurled posted...

"Following their reveal on Sunday, we now have pictures of the two special 3DS XL models being released for Pokémon X & Y this October in Japan. Costing 22,800Ľ, these consoles come with Pokémon X or Pokémon Y pre-installed within it and a 4GB SD Card. The blue Pokémon 3DS XL will be released all around Japan, while the gold one will be released only within Pokémon Centers. It is currently unclear if one, or both, will make it outside of Japan. Click the respective thumbnail to see a bigger picture "

Serebii.net

The new blue and gold 3DS have digital copies? How interesting. I wonder how much it would be in the US.