This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sceptile is my favorite pokemon.

#11MagikarpRulesPosted 6/30/2013 2:31:19 PM
paipr posted...
sceptile kinda is, but is not longer is one of my favorites.

back in gen 3 i couldnt play without using sceptile. tried once or twice but always ended up resetting and starting off with treecko. at first i wasnt a huge fan of sceptile. i mean i loved treecko, and grovile got me really excited for what the stage three would be. i think i was expecting it to turning into a grass/flying type, i envisioned the line to end up as.... well think a very grass type archeops. but sceptile did grow on me (even though his tale is still weird to me)

then gen 4 kinda ruined him, i mark sceptile as one of the pokemon most hurt by the special/physical attack split. i think its a safe bet that most people that transferred their sceptile from gen 3 to four suddenly found that the 4 moves their sceptile had went from supporting the higher of its two attack stats to the lower of the two. it may be a special attacker, but its safe to say the moves it was built to use where physical.

gen 5 didnt fix this oversite. and since then i have found other grass types to love. sceptile will always be remembered fondly, but at the same time, he isnt what he once was, and honestly i will be very happy for the day that they "fix" him

I think some Pokémon got the shaft, but others got a good boost. Sceptile got the short end of the stick on this one. But others, like Gengar, got lucky.
#12paiprPosted 6/30/2013 5:30:13 PM
ZTIger5 posted...
I love Sceptile, but he lost a lot of his awesomeness in Gen 4 when his high S.Att didn't support Leaf Blade anymore =/

or crunch, or dragon claw
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#13erekwashere15Posted 6/30/2013 5:36:44 PM
Torterra > Sceptile
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#14GalladetheGreatPosted 6/30/2013 5:45:34 PM
I like Grovyle better.
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg
#15tsunamisurfer08Posted 6/30/2013 6:23:44 PM
SkylaIsMyWife posted...
gladwyn101 posted...
SkylaIsMyWife posted...
Mine sucked so i boxed it (modest nature)

Though it would've kicked *** in gen III with that nature.

Only in gen 3? Because there was no split yet?

But i think mines stats just suck. It got slayed by everything

Yeah, using Treecko or Grovyle was difficult. Everything seemed to KO it like it was nothing. Then I got to Sceptile with Dragon Claw and a couple other moves and it crushed everything.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#16patsfan2312Posted 6/30/2013 7:21:18 PM
Cool story bro, tell it again.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tDTxHy7y44