This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name a nonsensical typing weakness or resistance, and I'll try explaining it

#51super_taco_ftwPosted 7/1/2013 2:40:20 PM
Featherine posted...
Aysander posted...
Fighting NVE vs Flying. -.-

Have you ever tried to punch or kick a bird before?

Came here for this. Not disappointed.
---
By the power of Greyskull, I HAVE THE POWER!
Black 2 FC: 0433 6165 7990
#52__DBFPosted 7/1/2013 2:58:31 PM
Poison neutral to Normal.

Normal people when poisoned, have to quickly quit what they're doing and seek medical attention right away, so I don't see why it wouldn't be super effective.
---
3ds friend code - 3050 8064 0629
rip midnight, the best cat ever. april 1999 - june 2013
#53BolognaSammichPosted 7/1/2013 3:01:23 PM
I have a good one, Steel neutral to Dragon.

In mythology, it's always a warrior falling a dragon with a steel sword and shield. Plus Dragon is NVE on Steel so
---
Reality is equal to the subliminal minds of the unspoken subjects.
Won't change sig til John Morrison wins a world title started 12-10-08
#54Featherine(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 4:05:49 PM
deadpool848 posted...
Bug SE against Psychic.

There are a couple of ways to interpret this:
1) Bugs are apparent simple minded, or have thought processes unique and complex in comparison to the human mind. Therefore, they are able to pierce through psychic manipulation in a battle of muscles and wits.
2) Bugs tend to break mental discipline, which Psychic-types are based on.

__DBF posted...
Poison neutral to Normal.

Normal people when poisoned, have to quickly quit what they're doing and seek medical attention right away, so I don't see why it wouldn't be super effective.

Good point there, brit. I guess this has something to do with the fact that several Poison-type moves have poisoning effects, and some don't. Poisons do harm the human, or "normal", body, but most of them can be recovered from naturally, while a few are very instantly deadly. Humans suffer from the effects of poisoning rather than the poison itself. It all depends on the type of poison, or level of poisoning being used, hence why some attacks (Sludge Bomb) poison (I'd consider this a "super effective" type of thing) and some don't (Acid), and hence why some species (Dragons) don't mind it too much as well.

BolognaSammich posted...
I have a good one, Steel neutral to Dragon.

In mythology, it's always a warrior falling a dragon with a steel sword and shield. Plus Dragon is NVE on Steel so

Hitting a dragon with steel is like hitting an irl lizard or otherwise cold-blooded animal with it. Yeah, you can fend off a gator or a komodo dragon by hitting it with a golf club or bear claw, but it has the same effect as hitting pretty much most other living being (human or animal). It just so happens it has more resistance than similar weapons, especially Rock-based ones, but would theoretically hit the same.
#55Skull_proPosted 7/1/2013 11:35:44 PM
Steel NVE againts Electric.
---
Live like a windrammer as you **** while seeing futures in balls
3DS FC: 4339-2730-2396
#56RDS1Posted 7/2/2013 12:12:38 AM
Not a question of weakness or resistance, but why is it lots of Electric attacks can cause paralysis but none can cause burns?
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#57Skull_proPosted 7/2/2013 1:46:46 AM
RDS1 posted...
Not a question of weakness or resistance, but why is it lots of Electric attacks can cause paralysis but none can cause burns?

Though that myself. Don't we use electricy to REANIMATE people?
---
Live like a windrammer as you **** while seeing futures in balls
3DS FC: 4339-2730-2396