This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would people like any of the following?

#1eixeeeePosted 6/30/2013 3:52:39 PM
- New vitamins are introduced that boost a Pokemon's IV for a particular stat by one, permanently. (Unless it is already at max.) Offset by being more expensive to buy then the EV-raising vitamins.

I'm hoping GF throws us a bone in terms of dealing with IV's for X and Y, and I think something like the vitamin idea would be a good way to go. Also,

- When breeding Pokemon, you can choose what kind of Poke Ball an egg is assigned to so long as you have at least one of that ball in your bag.

i.e. a hatched Scyther can be put in an Ultra Ball or a Dusk Ball instead of a regular Poke Ball.

Any thoughts on the above or perhaps ideas of your own that you'd like to see? :)
---
50% less sodium, 50% more awesome! // Currently Playing: SSX
(27/10/11: Eix ~ MV)
#2LightningAce11Posted 6/30/2013 3:53:26 PM
Iv idea seems nice, but why the pokeball one? What difference does it make?
---
THAT'S MR ACE TO YOU PEOPLE
Pokemon X and Y female MC is my waifu
#3eixeeee(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 3:54:57 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
Iv idea seems nice, but why the pokeball one? What difference does it make?

The breeding one isn't really important, would just like give Pokemon bred with egg moves and stuff different balls other then the standard. :)
---
#4bd43Posted 6/30/2013 3:55:54 PM
eixeeee posted...
- New vitamins are introduced that boost a Pokemon's IV for a particular stat by one, permanently. (Unless it is already at max.) Offset by being more expensive to buy then the EV-raising vitamins.

I'm hoping GF throws us a bone in terms of dealing with IV's for X and Y, and I think something like the vitamin idea would be a good way to go. Also,

- When breeding Pokemon, you can choose what kind of Poke Ball an egg is assigned to so long as you have at least one of that ball in your bag.

i.e. a hatched Scyther can be put in an Ultra Ball or a Dusk Ball instead of a regular Poke Ball.

Any thoughts on the above or perhaps ideas of your own that you'd like to see? :)

No, not unless they change the IV system dynamically. It's like an IV you have to fish for if you know what you're doing.

And meh.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#5GoldenSWarriorsPosted 6/30/2013 3:57:01 PM
they should explain the game mechanics of evs/ivs/natures to the player so that people who don't go researching on the internet can at least know whats up.

IVs should definitely be able to be improved, and people should be able to view their pokemon's IVs at any time.

in the pokedex it should tell you what evs each pokemon gives out when killed in the wild.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif
#6TranquilSeaPosted 6/30/2013 4:04:45 PM
Yes to both.
---
Phaneuf of your lies.
#7SpiderLanternPosted 6/30/2013 4:05:08 PM
Wouldn't that make IVs redundant? Why even have them if everyone will just max them out? The pokeball thing is something I've wanted for a while even though it's a small thing.
---
"Everyone step back. Me and this Jigglypuff are going to tangle and I don't want anyone getting hurt."
#8eixeeee(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 4:08:42 PM
SpiderLantern posted...
Wouldn't that make IVs redundant? Why even have them if everyone will just max them out? The pokeball thing is something I've wanted for a while even though it's a small thing.

The thing is though, most people resort to either RNGing or hacking to get max IVs anyway, especially if you're wanting to play competitively online. At least this way there's a way to do so in-game without having to do either of those.
---
#9dialga111Posted 6/30/2013 4:08:46 PM
IVs and EVs were much likely ideas taken from nature. IVs can relate to genetics - characteristics you were born with, and can't change. EVs are the characteristics you acquire by how you relate to the environment.

With that in mind, I really don't think you should be able to boost IVs, but maybe there could be some sort of genetic laboratory in the game in which you can get pokémon with manipulated genes to be stronger (buy pokémon with high IVs).
---
Megaman ZX3 petition, sign and tell your friends!
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/megaman-zx3.html
#10MaplesGrandGMPosted 6/30/2013 4:13:56 PM
GoldenSWarriors posted...
they should explain the game mechanics of evs/ivs/natures to the player so that people who don't go researching on the internet can at least know whats up.

IVs should definitely be able to be improved, and people should be able to view their pokemon's IVs at any time.

in the pokedex it should tell you what evs each pokemon gives out when killed in the wild.

If you aren't doing any research on the internet, chances are, you don't really care that much about the competitive, and if you don't, then you don't need to know about IVs, and EVs that much. They aren't important for the main game.

I think the IV idea should be limited more, like you can only use a set amount, so you can't just easily make an overall badass, without some work. Like limit them to 10 uses, period. So now, you plan out what you want your IV spread to be, and you can breed till you are within 10 points of your actual goal. It gives you more control, without giving you total control. That's how I feel IVs should be. I mean, you already have absolute control over your EVs, is that really not good enough?