This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon X & Y to receive a Pokemon Global Link

#41X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/1/2013 11:08:16 AM
Lexifox posted...
They said they do not have a way to transfer over, but they are working on it.

I sure hope so...

Yamato_san posted...
I can't say I wasn't expecting it at some point, but.... aren't they going about this a tad too quickly? I mean, BW2 are just over a year old, and we still have yet to get every berry available this generation.

darkus_f posted...
Gamefreak keeps on doing a great job at encouraging AR use. :/

Indeed. Now let's hope someone can make a cheat device for the 3DS for when crap like this comes along in gen 6.

While I don't support cheating (especially in Pokémon), didn't they say someone found out how to crack the 3DS? If so then I can see in time a device will come for those that need/want it.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#42Yamato_sanPosted 7/1/2013 6:25:21 PM
speaking of hacks, I wonder if anyone's managed to copy the Dream World's data. Maybe somebody could release a home version at some point.
#43Firemaster5Posted 7/1/2013 8:43:49 PM(edited)
It'd be nice to get some reward for all the time and effort we put into the DW at least.
EDIT: It looks like there WILL be.

http://en.pokemon-gl.com/about/e_notice/
Players who have enjoyed the current Pokémon Global Link over the past few years will be able to carry over certain achievements and records to the new Pokémon Global Link for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, if they register for the new Pokémon Global Link using their existing user name.

---
Official Sisyphus of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
''Slmming. When trolling just won't do.''~shiro_amayagi
#44Yamato_sanPosted 7/2/2013 4:41:22 PM
Firemaster5 posted...
It'd be nice to get some reward for all the time and effort we put into the DW at least.

Players who have enjoyed the current Pokémon Global Link over the past few years will be able to carry over certain achievements and records to the new Pokémon Global Link for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, if they register for the new Pokémon Global Link using their existing user name.

But what if this "transfer" is only a couple dolls and C-Gear skins like it was going from Black/White to Black2/White2?
#45samurai1900Posted 7/2/2013 4:56:45 PM
Ouch, looks like I better consider my future options and purchases due to stuff like this, I like to take my time completing things.

Maybe I can still get something out of my White 2.
---
The King of Games has returned! Now in 1440p. - Samurai190
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperSamurai190//
#46Firemaster5Posted 7/2/2013 8:59:25 PM
Yamato_san posted...
Firemaster5 posted...

But what if this "transfer" is only a couple dolls and C-Gear skins like it was going from Black/White to Black2/White2?

I don't even expect that much. I read achievements and records as the amount of points we obtained, what we unlocked in the catalog, how far we got (garden, areas, etc.) affecting some other aspect they give us much like how we were able to access flashbacks via Memory Link from the first Unova games depending how far we got. I don't see dolls being much relevant much less C-Gear skins. Maybe there'll be some trophy or medal system. For now, it seems like it will be another place for Random Matchup data, Trade data, and competitions w/ prizes more directly transferable to the games w/o the need for the DW or playing some online game via desktop PC so, more in-game.
W/ time left subtracting maintenance and counting tonight, we probably have 146-147 more chances to befriend Pokémon in the DW so, the Sweet Dreamer (or w/e it's called) to get 100 total captures in the Entree forest wouldn't be so impossible.
---
Organization name: Werxand | firemasterlucky5.deviantart.com
"Slmming. When trolling just won't do"~shiro_amayagi
#47Yamato_sanPosted 7/3/2013 9:24:52 AM
Firemaster5 posted...
W/ time left subtracting maintenance and counting tonight, we probably have 146-147 more chances to befriend Pokémon in the DW so, the Sweet Dreamer (or w/e it's called) to get 100 total captures in the Entree forest wouldn't be so impossible.

you can get in even more than that, actually. Remember, the wait time between Dream World visits was reduced from 24 hours to something like 19 or 20 hours a while back, so you can log in at an earlier time than you did yesterday, assuming your schedule could allow it. If you're willing to use a weekend in order to rotate the late night/early morning hours, you could get in at least one extra visit every week.
#48fahademonPosted 7/3/2013 9:46:37 AM
I honestly couldnt care.Never even used global link/dream world.
---
There will come a day when I shoot myself in the head for saying this.-TVirusPredator
Waiting for:Jump Stars Victory Vs,Pokemon X/Y,Digimon Re:Digitize(3DS).
#49Firemaster5Posted 7/3/2013 11:35:00 PM
Yamato_san posted...
Firemaster5 posted...

you can get in even more than that, actually. Remember, the wait time between Dream World visits was reduced from 24 hours to something like 19 or 20 hours a while back, so you can log in at an earlier time than you did yesterday, assuming your schedule could allow it. If you're willing to use a weekend in order to rotate the late night/early morning hours, you could get in at least one extra visit every week.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't work.
You can still only tuck in once a day. You can get earlier if it's w/in that statute such as playing at 22:00 the night before then playing at 18:00 (at the earliest) the night after but, go after midnight and "all hell breaks loose." If you tuck in at midnight, you'd have to wait until the date rolls over for the next midnight to tuck-in again. Say, for example, you tucked-in at 2:00. Logically, w/ the 20-hour rule that they were vague on, you should be able to tuck-in 22:00 that same day but, nope. Not only that but, remember how we can tuck-in as many Pokémon as you wanted w/in the hour we were allowed to play? Maybe we would play in the DW for ten minutes then want to use the remaining fifty minutes to tuck-in more Pokémon. We can't even do that anymore. It's one Pokémon tucked-in a day. I mean, you can play after midnight then wait until about 20:00 at night to play again as long as you tucked-in before midnight but, it's still BS and possibly worse. TWENTY hours means TWENTY HOURS GOSH DANGIT! And I kept getting error messages like 54000 for Black this night pushing it to past midnight when it finally accepted my Pokémon. W2, otherwise; had no issue when I initiated the tuck-in. :(
---
"Sorry to be frank but if you were interested in JRPGs and bought a 360 only then you flat out chose the wrong system."-Thamauturge
#50Yamato_sanPosted 7/4/2013 2:20:07 AM
it's kinda hard for me to tell the time since I've got imported games and am playing on the Japanese server as a result, but I believe I tucked in at around 3 AM Japan time. Right now, the Dream World's saying I'll have access in about 5 hours, which should be about 11 PM over there and still the same day, but I'll tell you whether or not it fails.