This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gary or Blue?

#31MaetchPosted 7/1/2013 1:29:53 PM(edited)
Haku125 posted...
Sandaan posted...
Blue

If this poll was about Red and Ash, nearly everyone would pick Red and bash the people who picked Ash, why isn't it the same thing with Blue and Gary?

Because he's Gary mother****ing Oak. He travels around in a car with hot women and is a general dick to everyone. You need 8 Gym Badges to enter a league? He wins 10, just because he is Gary Mother****ing Oak

And then they neutered Gary after Kanto, whereas Blue never truly stopped being a snooty jerk.
#32The_Undying_84Posted 7/1/2013 1:22:42 PM
I voted Blue but I actually don't care, I like Gary too (unlike Ash compared to Red).
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#33MaplesGrandGMPosted 7/1/2013 1:38:07 PM
Sandaan posted...
Blue

If this poll was about Red and Ash, nearly everyone would pick Red and bash the people who picked Ash, why isn't it the same thing with Blue and Gary?

In the anime, Gary was a better character than Ash. First, he seemed more competent. Second, he wasn't a dumb ignorant child like Ash. People like the bad ass. Though Gary was a jerk. Red was a bad-ass in a way that Gary could never live up to, imo. I think it's pretty unanimous that people just can't stand Ash's ignorance. It's annoying, especially since we know he'll never go away. It's basically why I don't watch the anime at all. I think I watched it through Johto/Orange Islands, but after that I was done.