This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only people in the world who likes G/S/C..

#11P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/1/2013 8:25:20 AM
I loved GSC as a child

I love HGSS now
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#12TherianReturnsPosted 7/1/2013 8:39:31 AM
I love gold, silver and crystal. People that hate on gen 2 just aren't Pokemon fans at all.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#13Offworlder1Posted 7/1/2013 8:46:16 AM
I love R/B/Y and G/S/C even today as much as I did when they first came out, I also love FR/LG and HG/SS because they improved on the classics and brought new features and content to already great games. FR/LG also got me back into pokemon after I skipped out on gen 3 and stepped away from pokemon for a time hating the BS of an attempt at "rebooting" the series and the fact my save file for Pokemon Gold had the battery problem kill it.

FR/LG and HG/SS also brought back a lot of fans who left the series.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#14CakeOfLiesPosted 7/1/2013 8:50:56 AM
I didn't play the originals, but HG/SS were nearly flawless.

The one major flaw was... (dun...dun... DUUUUUN!!!!) The horrific level curve. It's nice to have Platinum and trade stuff over to train them and fix that though.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#15Rogue MuttPosted 7/1/2013 8:55:05 AM
I don't know, but I can't agree with you. Loved G/S/C, and loved HG/SS just as much if not more because of the improved mechanics.
---
Alakazam Arcanine Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
#16gopack24Posted 7/1/2013 8:59:17 AM
Am I the only one who didn't have a problem with levelling? By the time I got to the E4, I had my team of 6 at between 40 and 46. That rapidfire assault after gym 8 (spoilers, I guess?) definitely helped, and I didn't grind too much...
---
INDIA ICC WORLD CUP 2011 CHAMPIONS IND 277/4 BEAT SL 274/6 by 6 wickets
ARSENE WENGER'S RED ARMY
#17X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/1/2013 8:59:19 AM
I like GSC, I think the only thing I hate is the new trainer they gave girls in the remale. I rather have Crystal.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#18SirPikachuPosted 7/1/2013 9:15:20 AM
I LOVE Gold, and I like HG, but not as much as Gold. I like the simple music, simple graphics, the memories, and the feel of it. In HG, as soon as I got the old music headphones, I wore them ALL THE TIME.
#19RikkettikPosted 7/1/2013 9:25:18 AM
I'm currently playing HeartGold and I think it's superior to GSC in almost every way... except atmosphere. This might be the result of nostalgia goggles, but GSC felt cozy and old-fashioned, in a good way. I don't know what it is with HeartGold, but it's too bright, too modern. It just doesn't have the same feel the original GSC had.

The inconsistent level curve also has become more glaring than it was in GSC. I was actually surprised when I found out that they didn't change anything about the pokémon levels in the game, as it was never that noticeable in GSC (though, again, this may be the nostalgia goggles speaking).