This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Pokemon do you think are overexposed/overrated/overhyped and why?

#1ISECreamPosted 7/1/2013 10:59:17 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love the following, but they can get pretty dull from being overused or talked about for too long.

I'd have to say Charizard. I always hear people talk about it EVERYWHERE.

Runner-ups: Mewtwo, Lucario, Darkrai.
#2MetaFalconPunchPosted 7/1/2013 11:00:17 AM
Mew ******* two!

Everyone totally overglorifies it as "the strongest thing ever" and "unstoppable" and I'm really sick of it.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#3BurningFlareXPosted 7/1/2013 11:01:41 AM
Darkrai and Mewtwo deserve it IMO. They are just too awesome. Isn't that how it works? There's always a group of people / characters / creatures that are liked more than the others.
---
I hate everything.
#4GoldenSWarriorsPosted 7/1/2013 11:02:57 AM
keledeo
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif
#5Nintendo_SabresPosted 7/1/2013 11:09:25 AM
Absol is a tad too popular, but totally deserves it
#6Thepenguinking2Posted 7/1/2013 11:14:20 AM
Volca f***ing rona.

Zoroark is a second, and Blissey is a third.
---
Mentions of Zangoose since 6/27/2013 as of this post: 17
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board!
#7KingChespinPosted 7/1/2013 11:16:16 AM
TherianReturns is the most overrated pokemon.
---
Aargh, #GET OUT OF MY PRESENCE NOW!
I don't care if anyone agrees with me. Only my opinion matters anyway.-TherianReturns
#8gamester_12345Posted 7/1/2013 11:19:38 AM
I feel that Zoroark is UNDEREXPOSED, yet i feel that they thought that since they succeeded at making Lucario into the Wolverine of the 4th Generaiton, they thought he'd rub off onto Zoroark...except her film stunk because 3 Shiny Cats and an actual WESTBOUND CELEBI event outshined her.

Having it only assessable via transferring said events doesn't help, at that point you could only get Zorua/Zoroark from that, it wasn't until BW2 that you could actually catch N's Wild Zoroark and get a Zorua as a gift Pokemon. from one of the 7 Sages

Between BW and BW2, Zoroark itself hasn't been practically prominent, think Zorua got close with appearing in a few episodes Georgina appeared in, but that just turned into furry artwork that turned out lewd, other than that, Generation 5 practically felt rushed, and 6 will likely come out long before Smash Bros 4 coming out, which might just mean Mewtwo might return, other than that Zoroark got an event in real life just to make Snarl legally available in the meantime for Breeders due to rushing XY's release which prevented the Lock Capsule event being released for HGSS.

Charizard seems a bit OVEREXPOSED as of recently, Ash gaining access to a few of his old Pokemon seemed weird, but i guess they needed some sort of padding due to XY being a worldwide release, they could have been possibly planning for Charizard to appear in the new movie due to his other Pokemon being less pronounced in terms of personality.

Tepig, yet another abandoned/abused fire type, it evolved, but ya, none of that edgy Charmeleon/Infernape stuff.
Snivy, abandoned (?) by a trainer, most often uses her wiles as a scapegoat for battles, 60/10 chances are her attract will always be used against a male despite type disadvantages.
Oshawot, basically a more plucky Piplup, they teased him leaving, but it didn't happen, he's likely only around as the cute guy to pamper to female fans as something cute.

Unfezant is only used as a scout for episodes whenever Axew gets kidnapped yet again, or for bursting team rocket's balloon.

Palaptoad most likely lost a lot of ANY personality progression due to being in an episode that had something to do with water, due to the Tsunami disater, indirectly this pushed back the Sunglasses Sandile's original potential capture back to about episode 60....when it was planned for about episode 23/24. (same thing can be said for Cilan's Stunfisk)

But yeah, if Zoroark was as heavily as milked as Lucario, he would've just plain sucked, a single type and a gimmick non-dream world ability isn't going to win him any contests, fighting moves are just too prominant in the metagame, plus with species clauses and the fact that people can see your pokemon before battle makes his ability lame as hell.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2373
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg
#9Ether_SwordPosted 7/1/2013 11:44:49 AM
^You're probably bad with Zoroark. The only real problem one could have with it, is having it as a lead due to prominent U-Turn users, so we don't do that.

@Topic, Volcarona. I see them a lot and they rarely sweep my teams.
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 7/1/2013 11:53:17 AM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
Mew ******* two!

Everyone totally overglorifies it as "the strongest thing ever" and "unstoppable" and I'm really sick of it.

Because prior to Arceus ruining everything (the number of people that hate Arceus is beautiful), Mewtwo WAS the strongest thing in the game. He deserved his praise.

Charizard and FREAKING FENNEKIN on the other hand, don't deserve the praise I see them get.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.