This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So if sun had decent users of its abilities would it be better then rain

#1carpediempimpPosted 7/1/2013 2:19:30 PM
Flower gift, solar power and harvest are all really good abilities that have no good users

If they got solid users how good would sun be in comparison to rain
---
Just do it
#2SteaIth_RockPosted 7/1/2013 2:38:12 PM
Sun lost its powerhouse unfairly, Blaziken was not broken
---
Pointed stones dug into Charizard!
Charizard lost 50% of its health.
#3AysanderPosted 7/1/2013 2:42:15 PM
SteaIth_Rock posted...

So much this...

Just b/c I ohko'd you in the sunlight does not mean I should be banned >:P
#4PK_GamingPosted 7/1/2013 2:42:56 PM
Sun is already really good, it's only flaw is its inconsistency (good luck trying to beat a sand team that uses Hippowdon instead of Tyranitar for example)
---
All it takes is constant progress, little by little. The same can be said for me, or anybody.
~Yu Narukami
#5carpediempimp(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 5:52:21 PM
Bump
---
Just do it
#6Count_BlackPosted 7/1/2013 5:55:01 PM
The problem with Drought is that Ninetales is an atrocious Pokemon with no other redeeming qualities besides its ability, and forces you to start the battle as a 5v6. Outside of Ubers, sun could never be better than rain until a better Pokemon receives the ability.

Ubers is a different story, but it would take a lot to humble a monster such as Kyogre, and all the power he has.
#7wind64aPosted 7/1/2013 5:59:12 PM
Ninetales isn't the issue. Unlike Rain, most of the Pokémon that directly benefit from sunny weather, are also weak to Fire which is boosted by said weather. As the majority of good Rain Pokémon either resist, or take neutral damage from Water Type moves, it naturally has an advantage.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#8akurixsPosted 7/1/2013 6:33:02 PM
Rain also benefits many more types/pokes than Sun does. With rain you can run Water-STAB abusers, Thunder abusers, Hurricane abusers, Dry Skin pokes, x4 Fire-weakness pokes, and....probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting.

With sun you've got like...Fire types....and grass types. And grass typing sucks, especially when one of it's weaknesses gets a boost in the sun.

So it's not just quality - it's quantity and diversity.
---
"Today, world. This is basic spoken. God inhale computer. Hardly consumer, but with a modest water fowl." -Babelfish
#9reaverzPosted 7/1/2013 6:37:57 PM
Let's hope that Helioptile's line has good base stats and Solar Power. The existence of an Electric-type that thrives in the sun would be a great boon for sun teams.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#10harle1012000Posted 7/1/2013 6:57:59 PM
Aysander posted...
SteaIth_Rock posted...

So much this...

Just b/c I ohko'd you in the sunlight does not mean I should be banned >:P

If Sun gets Blaziken then Sand gets Excadrill.
---
If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, be sure to check the enclosed instruction book