This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Blaziken Uber?

#1Faust_8Posted 7/1/2013 4:03:13 PM
If Garchomp is allowed because they banned Sand Veil, and he can always use Rough Skin instead...

Why can't they simply ban Speed Boost on Blaziken so the Blaze version is free to be used by anyone who wants to?

Do they really have some arbitrary rule that only Abilities can be banned, not a specific combo of Pokemon+Ability? They've already banned certain Abilities and using certain Abilities in conjunction with one another, so why is this such a stretch?

I personally don't care since I would never use Blaze Blaziken anyway. But it's still seems like a weird line in the sand to draw. Why restrict themselves to sweeping bans only, when they can easily have targeted bans that are better for everyone? (ie. Blaziken doesn't sweep unprepared teams all day AND people that want to use him in the balanced way are happy and free to do so.)
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#2kaonohiokalaPosted 7/1/2013 4:04:23 PM
bawwwww
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#3Thepenguinking2Posted 7/1/2013 4:04:32 PM
I was going to say because of speed boost, but...
---
Mentions of Zangoose since 6/27/2013 as of this post: 18
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board!
#4TomDangerfieldPosted 7/1/2013 4:05:11 PM
Apparently speed boost isn't broken on everything, only blaziken.

*cough* they don't do complex bans *cough*
---
Every battle ebbs and flows. To go against these tides is unwise.
#5Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 4:05:41 PM
Yes, I know why Speed Boost Blaziken is far too good to not be banned. But why does the Blaze version have to get swept up by the ban too?

Again, this doesn't affect me, I didn't even play Gen III so I have no love for Blaziken.
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#6MatezoidePosted 7/1/2013 4:18:32 PM
Because that would open a can of worms.

If they unbanned Blaze Blaziken, why not go further? Why not unban/test stuff like Water Absorb Politoed in NU? Unnerve Tyranitar in UU? Swarm Galvantula on NU? Level 80 Arceus on OU? Giratina on OU with half the EVs? Overgrown Venusaur on UU? Eviolite-less Chansey on UU?

Unbanning Blaze Blaziken will bring too many problems, it is not worthy it.

The thing with Garchomp is that Sand Veil Garchomp wasnt banned. They banned Sand Veil on any pokemon due to the evasion clause. Since Sand Veil was a big factor on Garchomp getting banned to begin with, they just tested how he would do with Rough Skin and didnt feel he was near as broken now.
#7iKhanicPosted 7/1/2013 4:20:40 PM
Yeah I don't get it either. Speed Boost, like Contrary, is an inherently broken ability with anything with few very common traits.

For Speed Boost, it's a boosting move and decent attacking stats.

For Contrary, it's good attacking stats and a stat reducing move.

Thankfully Contrary has been kept out of the hands of such pokemon, but unfortunately, GF didn't realize what they were doing with Blaziken and gave it a broken ability.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#8MetaFalconPunchPosted 7/1/2013 4:22:22 PM
What does Speed Boost do, exactly?
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#9Cpt_CalamityPosted 7/1/2013 4:22:29 PM
"Can I use Synchronize Alakazam in RU?"

"Can I use Inner Focus Dragonite in UU?"

"Can I use Light Metal Scizor in RU?"

Etc, etc,.
---
Where is my desk?
#10mjc0961Posted 7/1/2013 4:26:10 PM
Matezoide posted...
Because that would open a can of worms.

If they unbanned Blaze Blaziken, why not go further? Why not unban/test stuff like Water Absorb Politoed in NU? Unnerve Tyranitar in UU? Swarm Galvantula on NU? Level 80 Arceus on OU? Giratina on OU with half the EVs? Overgrown Venusaur on UU? Eviolite-less Chansey on UU?

Because you're a goddamn troll.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.