This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Blaziken Uber?

#51sonic777Posted 7/2/2013 11:05:05 AM
Rad_Dudesman posted...

you're one of those people who thinks that charizard would magically become good if stealth rock didn't exist, aren't you

No, but to penalize all Pokemon that are weak to Rock and force people to practically carry a "Rapid-Spinner," a "Spin-Blocker" combined with the fact that practically EVERY analysis Smogon does inludes "2KO after Stealth Rock" "1KO after Stealth Rock,"...

Yeah, somehow, carrying Prankster Thunderwave doesn't sound nearly as crippling as having to have a way to deal with Stealth Rock.
---
<3 NINTENDO OMG
#52Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 12:46:22 PM
While SR is a problem, there are more ways to deal with it than there are Prankster Thunder Wave users.

Plus, SR doesn't beat you on its own. SB Blaziken will.
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#53Ether_SwordPosted 7/2/2013 12:52:15 PM
Faust_8 posted...
While SR is a problem, there are more ways to deal with it than there are Prankster Thunder Wave users.

But not Blaze Blaziken which should be allowed since it was in the first place before Dream World abilities came out.
#54Rad_DudesmanPosted 7/2/2013 12:55:40 PM
Ether_Sword posted...
Faust_8 posted...

But not Blaze Blaziken which should be allowed since it was in the first place before Dream World abilities came out.

doesn't matter

speed boost is part of blaziken now, thus it has to be taken into consideration

smogon can't do pokemon + ability bans, when will you people realize this
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#55Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 12:59:01 PM(edited)
Ether_Sword posted...
Faust_8 posted...

...Are you trying to convince me to agree with the argument I myself presented to start the topic?

I already showed how they easily fix their rules to allow old versions of Pokemon stay legal while keeping the new version in Uber. Just look at the first page (assuming you have 50 posts per page.)
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#56Ether_SwordPosted 7/2/2013 1:03:44 PM
Faust_8 posted...
Ether_Sword posted...
Faust_8 posted...

...Are you trying to convince me to agree with the argument I myself presented to start the topic?

I already showed how they easily fix their rules to allow old versions of Pokemon stay legal while keeping the new version in Uber. Just look at the first page (assuming you have 50 posts per page.)

I was just elaborating since everyone fears SB Blaziken to death apparently. I never had trouble with it personally due the type of team schemes I go for.
#57CakeOfLiesPosted 7/2/2013 1:36:28 PM
Matezoide posted...
Because that would open a can of worms.

If they unbanned Blaze Blaziken, why not go further? Why not unban/test stuff like Water Absorb Politoed in NU? Unnerve Tyranitar in UU? Swarm Galvantula on NU? Level 80 Arceus on OU? Giratina on OU with half the EVs? Overgrown Venusaur on UU? Eviolite-less Chansey on UU?

Unbanning Blaze Blaziken will bring too many problems, it is not worthy it.

The thing with Garchomp is that Sand Veil Garchomp wasnt banned. They banned Sand Veil on any pokemon due to the evasion clause. Since Sand Veil was a big factor on Garchomp getting banned to begin with, they just tested how he would do with Rough Skin and didnt feel he was near as broken now.

To be fair, Sand Veil Garchomp is probably Uber-worthy, and we're only talking abilities, not EVs and levels.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.