This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark-type confirmed to be weak to Fairy-type!

#11PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/1/2013 8:08:06 PM
SuperSaiyanTien posted...
So in other words (assuming you're right) why the hell didn't they just name the type "Light" instead of Fairy? Fairy is a stupid name and Light would fit...given that Dark is weak against it.

Just doesn't make any sense.

Fighting type already is the "Light" type because the term they use in the Japanese version has strong ties to heroism and bravery. Heroes win against Evil, hence the relation on the type chart to Dark.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)
#12Thepenguinking2Posted 7/1/2013 8:17:10 PM
Eew math!
---
Mentions of Zangoose since 6/27/2013 as of this post: 18
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board!
#13SirPikachuPosted 7/1/2013 8:21:47 PM
beebarb posted...
So in other words (assuming you're right) why the hell didn't they just name the type "Light" instead of Fairy? Fairy is a stupid name and Light would fit...given that Dark is weak against it.

Because:

1. Light is stupid sounding for a type.
2. Light has no meaning attached to it, where Fairy has a whole mythology and can be losely connected to 'magic' in general.

In the second regard you can consider the conflict of Good and Dark magic. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few more special class Dark moves in X and Y.

3. Fairy is confirmed SE against dragon, and in at least two dragon myths fairies can directly or indirectly defeat dragons.

If you read a lot of the mythology, rather than just watch Disney movies you'd know that fairies are more than what is represented in them.

Thank you. Why can't everyone realize this?
#14MagikarpRulesPosted 7/1/2013 8:25:36 PM
Um, said trailer featured Hydreigon not being KO'd from a STAB attack with supposed X4 damage. Forgive me for being skeptical, but I don't think that it's likely that a STAB attack coming from Gardevoir would fail to KO a foe, even if it's Hydreigon, if the attack were doubly SE.
#15profDEADPOOLPosted 7/1/2013 8:27:28 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
Um, said trailer featured Hydreigon not being KO'd from a STAB attack with supposed X4 damage. Forgive me for being skeptical, but I don't think that it's likely that a STAB attack coming from Gardevoir would fail to KO a foe, even if it's Hydreigon, if the attack were doubly SE.

Or you could actually look at the math?
---
Pull List(trades in quote)-Hawkguy, Young Avengers, X-Men Legacy, FF, Cable and X-Force, GA, Larfleeze, Red Lanterns, JL 3000, Saga, and Quantum and Woody
#16LazorFistPosted 7/1/2013 8:28:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17LazorFistPosted 7/1/2013 8:30:52 PM
4x effective moves don't have to OHKO, I've heard of many cases of Ferrothorns surviving weak Fire attacks for instance. Oh and before you say Fairy Wind has to be an Ancientpower like move, not all wind attacks have to be 60 base power attacks that can raise all stats at once. Just look at Icy Wind (55 base power, always lowers speed) and Razor Wind (80 base power, requires a charge up turn like Sky Attack).

Oh and by the way, this is excellent news if only to destroy the Wondertombs people like to hack.
#18Genericgamer667Posted 7/1/2013 8:31:02 PM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...

Fighting type already is the "Light" type because the term they use in the Japanese version has strong ties to heroism and bravery. Heroes win against Evil, hence the relation on the type chart to Dark.

uh not

the hero type thing wasn't true. it's the same in japan as the u.s.
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#19MagikarpRulesPosted 7/1/2013 8:41:56 PM
profDEADPOOL posted...
MagikarpRules posted...

Or you could actually look at the math?

Like I've done until now, I'll wait for Game Freak to confirm or deny any details about the Fairy type.
#20PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/1/2013 8:48:19 PM
uh not
the hero type thing wasn't true. it's the same in japan as the u.s.

Uh, yeah, it isn't.

The kanji and words it is used in refer also to one on one fighting, without weapons, without dirty tricks. Pretty much the opposite of what the Evil/Dark type stands for in it's choice of moves.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)