This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark-type confirmed to be weak to Fairy-type!

#101SuperSaiyanTienPosted 7/4/2013 11:57:33 PM
game2002 posted...
I wasn't saying that there should be a Light-type and that Fairy-type is a silly idea... I'm perfectly fine with Fairy-type being super effective against Dark-type.

I'm aware. I was just saying that you made my point in which there are dark moves that hint that dark pokemon DO use the power of darkness and that it isn't necessarily tangible.

SpikeTbear posted...
The problem is, Light type would be redundant. Light is waves of energy and heat. Heat is very well covered by Fire type. Attacks with energy are usually special Grass attacks, and attacks with actual reflected light are special Steel attacks. There is absolutely no need to turn light into its own typing.

And just how many Pokemon could they make that were made out of light, anyway? The ideas would run out very fast. And if you were thinking they would be based off of angels, think again. Gamefreak has gotten in deep trouble with church groups for perceived "demonic" Pokemon like Alakazam, Ghost and Dark types, as well as the debacles with Jynx and Porygon. They will never do something that controversial ever again.

Light wouldn't be that redundant though. I think light/electric or light/fire could be complimentary. Sort of like Ground/Rock. Because seriously, having a ground type and a rock type are kind of redundant :P

As for pokemon that are made out of light; if they can have a possessed sword or a possessed candle, they can have a possessed flashlight. Not to mention fireflies are a thing. They could be bug/light. There are also Djinn. But I'm not saying that they all need to be LITERALLY light anymore than dark pokemon are literally dark. They could just be Pokemon with an inner light.

I honestly don't care what the type is called. What I do care about is when people say that one type makes more sense than another in a fantasy game. Where there are made up rules. When it comes down to it, they could put in a "Plasma" type and come up with some crazy logic for it.
---
2365 4944 5716(Pokemon White Pal Code)
4469 3684 6040 (Platinum Pal Code)
#102Yami_KagePosted 7/7/2013 8:11:28 PM
Crazy question here considering I don't get where all the values for calculations come from, but wouldn't it theoretically be possible that dark is strong against fairy type as well?

Based upon the formula Damage= [Initial Damage x R/100] x STAB x Type we have the following potential outcomes when the rule of rounding down is applied. WE know stab is always going to be X 1.5 due to a fairy type attack being used by a fairy.

However assuming that dark is strong against fairy while dragon is weak to it our type value would be one.

For final values of 100 and 96 we have, as TC said the possibilities with 4 times effectiveness.

16 (assumed) x 1.5 x 4 (SE against dragon and dark) = 96

17 x 1.5 x 4 = 100 due to 17 x 1.5 equaling 25.5 and being rounded down to 25

As said the two time stabs don't work (presuming the mathematics formula and rules hasn't changed since gen 5)

32 (assumed) x 1.5 (fairy STAB) x2 (SE against dragon only) = 96

33 x 1.5 x 2 = 98

34 x 1.5 x 2 = 102

However we still have the SE against dragon and NE against dark modifier of 1

67 (assumed, I don't know if the value can actually go that high) x 1.5 x 1 (SE against dragon and NE against dark) = 100 due to rounding down.

64 x 1.5 x 1 = 96.

Can someone look over this and tell me if, although it is confirmed dark will not be neutral against fairy, it's also not confirmed to be weak but could potentially be strong?

Thanks
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Hazeru, Desdoru, Nyanmaru
#103CelebityPosted 7/7/2013 8:17:54 PM
To me it looks like you pulled random numbers out of your ass.
---
Nintendo Network: Damon07
Playing: Oracle of Seasons, The Walking Dead
#104AzurinaiPosted 7/7/2013 8:28:57 PM
Yami_Kage posted...
Crazy question here considering I don't get where all the values for calculations come from, but wouldn't it theoretically be possible that dark is strong against fairy type as well?

Based upon the formula Damage= [Initial Damage x R/100] x STAB x Type we have the following potential outcomes when the rule of rounding down is applied. WE know stab is always going to be X 1.5 due to a fairy type attack being used by a fairy.

However assuming that dark is strong against fairy while dragon is weak to it our type value would be one.

For final values of 100 and 96 we have, as TC said the possibilities with 4 times effectiveness.

As said the two time stabs don't work (presuming the mathematics formula and rules hasn't changed since gen 5)

33 x 1.5 x 2 = 98

34 x 1.5 x 2 = 102

67 (assumed, I don't know if the value can actually go that high) x 1.5 x 1 (SE against dragon and NE against dark) = 100 due to rounding down.

64 x 1.5 x 1 = 96.

Can someone look over this and tell me if, although it is confirmed dark will not be neutral against fairy, it's also not confirmed to be weak but could potentially be strong?

Thanks

While technically it could be neutral, it isn't simply because they had the super effective sound effect.
---
This post has a +1 to topic killing, +3 vs Trolls and other regenerating entities.
NNID- Azurus MHU- Raiss Team Noir: Ninetales
#105Yami_KagePosted 7/7/2013 8:54:11 PM
Azurinai posted...
Yami_Kage posted...

33 x 1.5 x 2 = 98

34 x 1.5 x 2 = 102

64 x 1.5 x 1 = 96.

Thanks

While technically it could be neutral, it isn't simply because they had the super effective sound effect.

Fair enough...I hadn't noticed there was a super effect sound
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Hazeru, Desdoru, Nyanmaru
#106MyNameIsNotJen(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 12:06:01 AM
Celebity posted...
To me it looks like you pulled random numbers out of your ass.

Well, it sounds like you're a mastermind of talking out of yours.
---
^_^
#107Hanon623Posted 7/8/2013 12:20:36 AM
I can't claim to completely understand this, and I'm against dark being notably weaker than ghost, but I appreciate all of you guys doing such hard work for the communitys benefit, thank you.
#108DrakoVongola1Posted 7/8/2013 12:22:01 AM
scrappybristol posted...
http://i.imgur.com/SEpCU.gif

---
Official leader of the Illuminati.