This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark-type confirmed to be weak to Fairy-type!

#91SpikeTbearPosted 7/3/2013 9:31:09 AM
game2002 posted...
Accrovideogames posted...
SuperSaiyanTien posted...
So in other words (assuming you're right) why the hell didn't they just name the type "Light" instead of Fairy? Fairy is a stupid name and Light would fit...given that Dark is weak against it.

People saying that the Dark type has anything to do with darkness are f***ing annoying.

The last time I checked, certain Dark-type Pokemon do have relations to darkness. In the very least, they're related to nighttime. Umbreon, for example, gains a mysterious power when exposed to the moon's aura, and the moon only shows up when it's dark (nighttime). There's also the move Night Daze, which unlike Dark Pulse, doesn't say anything about "dark thoughts" in its description, but a "pitch-black shock wave".

And of course, Darkrai.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#92AccrovideogamesPosted 7/3/2013 9:51:56 AM
game2002 posted...
The last time I checked, certain Dark-type Pokemon do have relations to darkness. In the very least, they're related to nighttime. Umbreon, for example, gains a mysterious power when exposed to the moon's aura, and the moon only shows up when it's dark (nighttime). There's also the move Night Daze, which unlike Dark Pulse, doesn't say anything about "dark thoughts" in its description, but a "pitch-black shock wave".

Dark isn't supposed to refer to darkness. The fact that some attacks and Pokémon are related to night is simply because the night is a good time to sneak. Ninjas fight better during the night when their prey is asleep and when the dark conceals them.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#93Azure_AbsolPosted 7/3/2013 1:22:10 PM
now i really hope absol evolves into dark/fairy or dark/psychic

it would pwn.

Dear Arceus, no.
---
Absol and Rikka!
http://i.imgur.com/oYua4.jpg http://i.imgur.com/t5Raneo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/jhIDd.gif http://i.imgur.com/FF2mv.gif
#94game2002Posted 7/3/2013 9:37:12 PM
game2002 posted...

Dark isn't supposed to refer to darkness. The fact that some attacks and Pokémon are related to night is simply because the night is a good time to sneak. Ninjas fight better during the night when their prey is asleep and when the dark conceals them.

Even so, my point still stands that there is at least one Pokemon that gets it power during the nighttime.
---
Praise the Lord, our one true God!
#95MagikarpRulesPosted 7/3/2013 9:44:35 PM
Aaand, the topic is derailed for good.
#96Missingno_MastrPosted 7/3/2013 10:53:25 PM
Oh, look. The leak was right yet again. What an amazing not coincidence.
---
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/110trainer#0
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/1407/jh6l.gif
#97SuperSaiyanTienPosted 7/4/2013 11:51:13 AM
game2002 posted...
So in other words (assuming you're right) why the hell didn't they just name the type "Light" instead of Fairy? Fairy is a stupid name and Light would fit...given that Dark is weak against it.

People saying that the Dark type has anything to do with darkness are f***ing annoying.

Thank you.

And obviously even with the logic that the Dark element is about "shady fighting" and not actual darkness well...hmm; how can one be SNEAKY when there aren't any shadows to sneak in? How can one sneak in LIGHT? Either way you paint it, dark meaning darkness or dark meaning sneaky, Light makes sense to be strong against it.
---
2365 4944 5716(Pokemon White Pal Code)
4469 3684 6040 (Platinum Pal Code)
#98SpikeTbearPosted 7/4/2013 8:44:11 PM

Thank you.

And obviously even with the logic that the Dark element is about "shady fighting" and not actual darkness well...hmm; how can one be SNEAKY when there aren't any shadows to sneak in? How can one sneak in LIGHT? Either way you paint it, dark meaning darkness or dark meaning sneaky, Light makes sense to be strong against it.

The problem is, Light type would be redundant. Light is waves of energy and heat. Heat is very well covered by Fire type. Attacks with energy are usually special Grass attacks, and attacks with actual reflected light are special Steel attacks. There is absolutely no need to turn light into its own typing.

And just how many Pokemon could they make that were made out of light, anyway? The ideas would run out very fast. And if you were thinking they would be based off of angels, think again. Gamefreak has gotten in deep trouble with church groups for perceived "demonic" Pokemon like Alakazam, Ghost and Dark types, as well as the debacles with Jynx and Porygon. They will never do something that controversial ever again.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#99game2002Posted 7/4/2013 10:09:23 PM
game2002 posted...

Thank you.

I wasn't saying that there should be a Light-type and that Fairy-type is a silly idea... I'm perfectly fine with Fairy-type being super effective against Dark-type.
---
Praise the Lord, our one true God!
#100harle1012000Posted 7/4/2013 10:55:59 PM
how can one be SNEAKY when there aren't any shadows to sneak in? How can one sneak in LIGHT?

Here's how you sneak in light:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmkxsQnNujI
---
If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, be sure to check the enclosed instruction book