This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How annoying/broken would this item be...

#1Scott1187Posted 7/1/2013 6:40:56 PM
An item that allows its holder to use Protect/Detect for one turn longer than usual.

So the second Protect would work 100% of the time, then the 3rd would sometimes work, the 4th has a slight chance and then 5th onwards is still probably impossible.

Make stallers broken?
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854
#2GoldenSWarriorsPosted 7/1/2013 6:43:17 PM
completely broken
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif
#3ZTIger5Posted 7/1/2013 6:43:57 PM
I would fly over to Game Freak HQ and demand they remove it immediately.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#4beebarbPosted 7/1/2013 7:05:11 PM
Stupidly broken. We certainly don't need to give 'mons that can hit with Toxic then stall by rotating Protect and Detect another boost.

It's a cheap lazy strategy that only annoys the other player, regardless of whether they follow the official rules or Smogon's.
---
I gave up and did the 3DS transfer anyway...
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0047-4149-5185 / White FC: 0348-0626-6780
#5silverwing525Posted 7/1/2013 7:16:05 PM
beebarb posted...
Stupidly broken. We certainly don't need to give 'mons that can hit with Toxic then stall by rotating Protect and Detect another boost.

It's a cheap lazy strategy that only annoys the other player, regardless of whether they follow the official rules or Smogon's.

Agreed, seeing as Protect/Detect is ALREADY broken and annoying.
---
Let the Silver Light of Justice fill the world!
Official Lugia of PMD
#6Scott1187(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 7:19:25 PM
beebarb posted...

Whilst I agree it would be broken, I was just throwing it out there, you still cant rotate Protect and Detect. They run off each other, so if you use Protect and then use Detect, there is no guarantees the Detect will work.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854
#7beebarbPosted 7/1/2013 7:26:32 PM
Scott1187 posted...
beebarb posted...

Whilst I agree it would be broken, I was just throwing it out there, you still cant rotate Protect and Detect. They run off each other, so if you use Protect and then use Detect, there is no guarantees the Detect will work.

That's where you are wrong, they don't run off each other. Each time you change the move, the hidden success rate for the other resets. So Protect works, then Detect, and so-on in a loop.

Obviously, you've never encountered or tried this tactic for yourself.
---
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0047-4149-5185 / White FC: 0348-0626-6780
#8NewbieN00bPosted 7/1/2013 7:32:47 PM(edited)
beebarb posted...
Scott1187 posted...
beebarb posted...

That's where you are wrong, they don't run off each other. Each time you change the move, the hidden success rate for the other resets. So Protect works, then Detect, and so-on in a loop.

May want to tell Bulbapedia and Serebii to fix their move pages, then.
(No, seriously, unless I'm misreading they both say Protection moves all decrease in chance if another one is used)
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#9beebarbPosted 7/1/2013 7:38:02 PM
NewbieN00b posted...
beebarb posted...

May want to tell Bulbapedia and Serebii to fix their move pages, then.
(No, seriously, unless I'm misreading they both say Protection moves all decrease in chance if another one is used)

OK, so I checked and they do say that, but when actually playing the game, rotating the moves seems to have the effect I described. Thus, the reason for my assumption. Rotation seems to make the moves succeed more often than if you stuck to the one.

Whether this is due to luck, or an anomaly within the PRNG is unknown.
---
#10harle1012000Posted 7/1/2013 7:53:51 PM
No problem with it. It would just make Taunt/Encore users more popular.

Anyone who says it's broken obviously lacks skill.
---
If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, be sure to check the enclosed instruction book