This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how do you feel about gen 6 pokemon designs compared to older gens?

#1zombiabsolPosted 7/2/2013 1:56:45 AM
gen 5 had meh designs that looked ugly, or were over designed. doesnt help with the pixelated graphics.

anyways i really love gen three designs. absol, seviper, zangoose, mawile, banette, rayquaza, jirachi, swampert, and manectric are a few of my favs.

i also liked gen 4 as the designs kind of .....popped and gen 2 designs had a nature, mystic, simple feel to them for me.

now gen 6, i like all of the designs so far. Pancham is quite possibly the best fighting type they have introduced in a while.

the pokes in gen 6 have that unique feeling i had with gen 3 pokemon, but i also feel like they remind me of gen 4 and gen 2 for the pop art style yet simple designs.

gen 2+ gen 3+ gen4 = gen 6.

doesnt help they are finally going into 3d models and cel shaded graphics.
---
You, right there, yeah you, will be buying my awesome games one day and so will your friends #dealwithit.
aka Absol_Pancham
#2LexifoxPosted 7/2/2013 2:01:20 AM
Neutral, if only because I don't think any one gen has particularly good, bad, ugly, or "over-designed" aesthetics compared to the others.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/2/2013 2:01:50 AM
*ahem*
Scraggy? Scraggy is the best NFE Fighting-type in existence, tyvm :)

Gen 5's designs were both great and terrible at the same time.
Gen 4's designs were amazing!
Gen 3 is as well, but just below Gen IV.
Gen 2's designs sucked into infinity >_>
Gen 1's designs were meh...
---
~I am dancing with Molly~
~BlackJack, VIP, Be2ty, Kamilia~
#4DweezleMoonunitPosted 7/2/2013 2:02:31 AM
Better than 4 and 5, which I thought were the worst despite having a couple of good designs.
---
If you like Absol then YOU ARE BAD PERSON
#NerfDragons2013
#5ElectricNovaPosted 7/2/2013 2:10:12 AM
Pretty good so far. I mean, I haven't had a detailed look at all of the new designs yet other than the first 5 or so, but pretty good.
---
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#6hyperdimeduckPosted 7/2/2013 2:14:21 AM
At least 3 will be going on my team based on looks alone. The new pokemon look great so far.
---
Official Jack Frost of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294
#7X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/2/2013 2:14:26 AM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
*ahem*
Scraggy? Scraggy is the best NFE Fighting-type in existence, tyvm :)

Gen 5's designs were both great and terrible at the same time.
Gen 4's designs were amazing!
Gen 3 is as well, but just below Gen IV.
Gen 2's designs sucked into infinity >_>
Gen 1's designs were meh...

I would say

Gen 1: Decent but not great.
Gen 2: Did much better but it wasn't awesome.
Gen 3: They seem to decline a bit, but not too much.
Gen 4: They seem to have gotten better after Gen 3.
Gen 5: They went right below Gen 3 in designs.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#8zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 2:19:55 AM
hyperdimeduck posted...
At least 3 will be going on my team based on looks alone. The new pokemon look great so far.

same.

well, chespin is my starter and i always use my starter.

but my team is definitely going to have helioptile, pancham, and litleo ,because of type and design.
---
You, right there, yeah you, will be buying my awesome games one day and so will your friends #dealwithit.
aka Absol_Pancham
#9asdfggghh1Posted 7/2/2013 2:21:34 AM
Gogoat is vying for a position as one of my absolute favorite Pokemon, design-wise.
The darn thing is majestic as words I'm not allowed to use on GFaqs.

Depending on it's usefulness in the main game, it might rise into my top 5, if not top three.
---
My balls do not blend.
#10PT_PiranhaPosted 7/2/2013 2:30:06 AM
Every generation has its good and bad designs. But I'm fairly pleased with most of the designs shown so far.

Helioptile took a bit to get used to, but we're cool now.

The only thing that bothers me is Xerneas. As much as my friend tries to compare it to the Forest Spirit, Xerneas makes me uncomfortable.
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Black Baron of the KHIII Board-