This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how do you feel about gen 6 pokemon designs compared to older gens?

#11iKhanicPosted 7/2/2013 5:45:44 AM
Definitely the best Pokemon designs I've seen since Gen 3, no doubt because they have been taking more influence from Ken Sugimori this gen, Maybe even better than Gen 3 and 1.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#12XazealPosted 7/2/2013 5:47:33 AM
Gen 1: Decent
Gen 2: Great
Gen 3: Amazing
Gen 4: Good
Gen 5: Great
Gen 6: So far, amazing
#13spooky96Posted 7/2/2013 5:53:06 AM
Designs?

3>2>1>4>>5
#14deevo117Posted 7/2/2013 6:22:37 AM
Yeah. I think the addition of 3D models will for the most part help Gen V's designs. The graphics did seem to be at fault there, and some of the pokes actually look pretty cool in Pokedex 3D.

Doesn't change the fact that some of the designs were just pretty dumb, though. (I'm talking to you Kilnk/Klank/KlingKlang).

I honestly think Gen IV's designs are the most underrated. Each of the starters looked pretty awesome, especially in their final evos. And new evos like Gallade, Yanmega, Dusknoir, etc. just looked plain BA.

So far based on what we've seen, I'd say Gen VI is reminiscent of Gen III pokes. They feel a bit fresh and new, but not extremely groundbreaking or too novel.
---
Official Manectric of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#15zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 6:25:54 AM
deevo117 posted...
Yeah. I think the addition of 3D models will for the most part help Gen V's designs. The graphics did seem to be at fault there, and some of the pokes actually look pretty cool in Pokedex 3D.

Doesn't change the fact that some of the designs were just pretty dumb, though. (I'm talking to you Kilnk/Klank/KlingKlang).

I honestly think Gen IV's designs are the most underrated. Each of the starters looked pretty awesome, especially in their final evos. And new evos like Gallade, Yanmega, Dusknoir, etc. just looked plain BA.

So far based on what we've seen, I'd say Gen VI is reminiscent of Gen III pokes. They feel a bit fresh and new, but not extremely groundbreaking or too novel.

exactly
---
You, right there, yeah you, will be buying my awesome games one day and so will your friends #dealwithit.
aka Absol_Pancham
#16gzr9kPosted 7/2/2013 6:31:38 AM(edited)
If the quality of these gen 6 pokemon continues...

6>3>2>4>1=5

I'm suspecting though that the overall quality of gen 6 pokemon will be between 3&2.

Hoenn remakes confirmed.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice - Bill Cosby