This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

X and Y titles; sexual implications?

#31Zero97Posted 7/2/2013 1:23:56 PM
while the body of your topic has wrong stuff, your theory could prossibly be right.

Guys, The japanese logo.
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#32Twilight_SonataPosted 7/2/2013 9:14:33 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Tell me why guys have... don't think you can say that word on here.

What, nipples? Why wouldn't we be able to say nipples? They're just nipples.
Anyway, the reason that guys have nipples is, very simply, because humans have nipples. The default setting for any species, basically due to simplicity, is for all individuals to be morphologically similar. Evolutionarily speaking, the physiological differences that come with sexual dimorphism exist because there's selective pressure for them to exist. In other words, humans have nipples because having nipples has been selected for in humans, because having nipples is good for humans. Human males have nipples, despite their mostly being nonfunctional for them specifically, because there's been little to no selective pressure for them not to have nipples. It's not that it's pointless for men to have nipples but that it would be pointless for men not to have nipples. That is not a difference that is of any benefit.

Lord0bsidian posted...
no, it's definitely the sry gene, which is on the y.

It's not that simple. Yes, the Y chromosome is what carries SRY, and it is SRY that normally results in an individual that is biologically male, but that's not the whole story. You can't create a biologically female individual simply by denying them SRY. There need to also be other additional factors at work. Sexual determination does not start with either as a default and, in fact, offspring initially develop with the building blocks to create either set of characteristics. If male characteristics are determined, then the building blocks for female parts degenerate, and if female characteristics are determined, then the building blocks for male parts degenerate.
The clearest evidence of this probably comes from X0 individuals (individuals with a single X chromosome and nothing else), who do not develop as biologically female.

Valorous_Roland posted...
But a person who is XO is female

No, biologically speaking, that person is not female. They are intersex. Reference to X0 individuals as being female is a simplification. It's "easier" to call them that because most people have difficulty with the concept that a person can be neither male nor female, and because at least superficially speaking, X0 individuals appear much closer to female. But make no mistake; as far being biologically female goes, X0 individuals miss quite a lot from not having that second X.
#33Lord0bsidianPosted 7/3/2013 8:47:02 AM(edited)
Twilight_Sonata posted...
X0 individuals (individuals with a single X chromosome and nothing else), who do not develop as biologically female.

X0 individuals miss quite a lot from not having that second X

lolwut? just because they don't menstruate doesn't mean they're not female. they still have working vags and they can actually give birth with donated eggs.

edit: lol i guess now you're going to label anyone with menstrual failure or are otherwise infertile as "intersex?"

---
The internet: where men are men, women are men, and lolis are the FBI.
#34MilsoPosted 7/3/2013 8:56:57 AM
Nightinangle posted...
Uhh...first three dimensional game....so XYZ coordinates?

France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you...
But the chromosomes are called X and Y...
I am more confused why pronz are called xxx. Confused the heck out of me when my cousin first told me I was XX.

Yet there's only X and Y versions, so the dimensions theory doesn't really work. There would need to be a third version for that to be the intention and considering we got full blown sequels last generation, I doubt they'll go back to having the slightly enhanced version this time around. It would be too much of a step backwards.

That and the Japanese logos clearly prove they're going for a DNA theme.
---
rawr
#35Twilight_SonataPosted 7/3/2013 9:32:43 AM
Lord0bsidian posted...
i guess now you're going to label anyone with menstrual failure or are otherwise infertile as "intersex?"

No, that's pretty drastically missing the point.
#36fahademonPosted 7/3/2013 9:36:35 AM
This topic is now about biology.
---
There will come a day when I shoot myself in the head for saying this.-TVirusPredator
Waiting for:Jump Stars Victory Vs,Pokemon X/Y,Digimon Re:Digitize(3DS).
#37NaughtyGhostPosted 7/3/2013 9:46:14 AM
I'm gonna sexually implicate the female trainer. <3
---
Do not censor my voice, or soften my unit.
They must remain loud and rigid, respectively.
#38fedartzPosted 7/3/2013 9:50:32 AM
NaughtyGhost posted...
I'm gonna sexually implicate the female trainer. <3

I thought you was Half-Ghost...
---
I prefer you talk to me only in Ye Olde Englishe like a good chap because language can never evolve.
#39deadpool848Posted 7/3/2013 10:18:52 AM
Since none of this has been confirmed, it could be DNA related, maybe letting us alter IVs of pokemon through genetic engineering. It could be the XYZ coordinates theory with a third installment "Pokemon Z" on the way after X and Y. No one truly knows what it's base on just yet, both thoeries have evidence for and against it, so why dont we just sit still and wait till these are actually confirmed to be something, hmm?
#40NightinanglePosted 7/3/2013 10:49:48 AM
Milso posted...
Nightinangle posted...
Uhh...first three dimensional game....so XYZ coordinates?

France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you...
But the chromosomes are called X and Y...
I am more confused why pronz are called xxx. Confused the heck out of me when my cousin first told me I was XX.

Yet there's only X and Y versions, so the dimensions theory doesn't really work. There would need to be a third version for that to be the intention and considering we got full blown sequels last generation, I doubt they'll go back to having the slightly enhanced version this time around. It would be too much of a step backwards.

That and the Japanese logos clearly prove they're going for a DNA theme.

You are assuming a lot. After making full blown 3d games not much they do will make it a step backwards. And I am not japenese so put pics of those logos if you want to assume I should know them.

Anyway, sex chromosomes aren't that sexual, so no big deal anyway. You aren't even the first to bring it up.
---
SSB4 dream roster:http://i.imgur.com/X2W7Cw1.png 45/54 characters.
I support for Echo type pkmon gen 7. Because, you know. Sound waves....and...sonic booms.