This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Black 1 and 2 or just Black 2?

#1Trust_Fund_BumPosted 7/2/2013 1:48:09 PM
I realize this is the Pokemon x board, but the older pokemon boards are dead for questions like mine. Basically, I'm gearing up to get back into Pokemon before Pokemon X comes out. Haven't played since the Gold/Silver and Ruby/Sapphire editions. I am wondering if it would be worth getting both Pokemon Black 1 and 2, or can I just got the second one? Are the stories related in any way? Is there incentive to playing them in that order? Any help appreciated.
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 7/2/2013 1:53:22 PM
The only reason to play BW1 is for story. There literally is no other reason.
BW2 has everything that BW1 has, but a lot more content. It's generally considered to be the best game in the series.

I suggest just getting BW2 and using the money you save to get HG/SS or Platinum so you can transfer from Gen 3.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#3Stormvale12Posted 7/2/2013 1:59:27 PM
Trust_Fund_Bum posted...
I realize this is the Pokemon x board, but the older pokemon boards are dead for questions like mine. Basically, I'm gearing up to get back into Pokemon before Pokemon X comes out. Haven't played since the Gold/Silver and Ruby/Sapphire editions. I am wondering if it would be worth getting both Pokemon Black 1 and 2, or can I just got the second one? Are the stories related in any way? Is there incentive to playing them in that order? Any help appreciated.

Of course the plot is related. They aren't called Black and White 2 for nothing. You get some stuff in BW2 if you have a completed BW save file, but it's all minor. Truthfully, there really isn't a whole lot you are missing if you just play Black 2. The game tries to reference the previous one without requiring you to have played it.
---
White 2 FC: 1679 3141 2693
#4FeatherinePosted 7/2/2013 2:25:31 PM
The first Pokemon Black and White games allow you to catch certain Pokemon not obtained (at least non-specially) in BW2. These certain Pokemon include Tornadus and Thundurus.