This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone hope the sounds never change?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone hope the sounds never change?
3 years ago#1
Who think Pokémon cries should never change or get upgraded? - Results (70 votes)
I like their 8bit -16bit sounding cries to stay forever into the future.
34.29% (24 votes)
I want them to have actual cries that Nintendo specifically design.
45.71% (32 votes)
I want them to have 4kids sounding voices.
12.86% (9 votes)
I want them to have cries like real animals.
7.14% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I rather keep it the way it is.
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
3 years ago#2
The first two gens should use the Stadium cries - that is, if it's not too much hassle to get them away from HAL Laboratories, who made the Stadium games.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
3 years ago#3
Some of the gen 1 cries need to be updated
3 years ago#4
I want them to have actual cries. I wouldn't necessarily mind having the old cries, but I do feel they should be updated.

Giving them the anime voices is the worst possible option.
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i don't want to do things. i want to not do things.
3 years ago#5
FuneralCake posted...
I want them to have actual cries. I wouldn't necessarily mind having the old cries, but I do feel they should be updated.

Giving them the anime voices is the worst possible option.

Yeah I think the anime voices would be the worst, but I still added it as an option as I'm sure others would disagree with me as everyone has their own opinion on the subject, heh.
3 years ago#6
With regards to the fourth option, I feel like they have been giving some of them animal noises where appropriate. I mean Togetic sounds a bit like it's tweeting, and Poochyena makes a dog-like growl. There are lots of better examples I'm sure.

Anime voices will never happen because they would take up a lot of space on the cart, and they would have to be dubbed in different languages. The games are aiming to have a language selection screen, which means multiple dubs would have to be squashed onto one cart. It's just not feasible. It's also a terrible option.

I wouldn't mind GameFreak updating some cries. Keeping them the same but redoing them with current technology. But if they don't that's still fine really.
Awaiting: AC4, LR:FFXIII, FFXIV:ARR, FFXV, BD:FF, Pokemon X, DA:I, Zelda: ALBW
3 years ago#7
Why do people like the Stadium cries? They sounded terrible.
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
3 years ago#8
SlimeStack posted...
With regards to the fourth option, I feel like they have been giving some of them animal noises where appropriate. I mean Togetic sounds a bit like it's tweeting, and Poochyena makes a dog-like growl. There are lots of better examples I'm sure.

Anime voices will never happen because they would take up a lot of space on the cart, and they would have to be dubbed in different languages. The games are aiming to have a language selection screen, which means multiple dubs would have to be squashed onto one cart. It's just not feasible. It's also a terrible option.

I wouldn't mind GameFreak updating some cries. Keeping them the same but redoing them with current technology. But if they don't that's still fine really.

I honestly wasn't considering this as a Pokémon X Y question as I know the sound clips would take a lot of room. I meant in general into the Pokémon franchise future.
3 years ago#9
Meta289 posted...
Why do people like the Stadium cries? They sounded terrible.

Not all of them. I think only a few actually sounded terrible.
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i don't want to do things. i want to not do things.
3 years ago#10
Update the old ones to sound less... beepy. Not much more. I really don't want the anime voices.
Give me all teh FE D':
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone hope the sounds never change?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived