This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone hope the sounds never change?

#1X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/2/2013 2:07:06 PM
Who think Pokémon cries should never change or get upgraded? - Results (70 votes)
I like their 8bit -16bit sounding cries to stay forever into the future.
34.29% (24 votes)
I want them to have actual cries that Nintendo specifically design.
45.71% (32 votes)
I want them to have 4kids sounding voices.
12.86% (9 votes)
I want them to have cries like real animals.
7.14% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I rather keep it the way it is.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#2jayman7Posted 7/2/2013 2:08:09 PM
The first two gens should use the Stadium cries - that is, if it's not too much hassle to get them away from HAL Laboratories, who made the Stadium games.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3Nil_NuanePosted 7/2/2013 2:08:15 PM
Some of the gen 1 cries need to be updated
#4FuneralCakePosted 7/2/2013 2:09:58 PM
I want them to have actual cries. I wouldn't necessarily mind having the old cries, but I do feel they should be updated.

Giving them the anime voices is the worst possible option.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i don't want to do things. i want to not do things.
#5X_Ayumi_X(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 2:12:01 PM
FuneralCake posted...
I want them to have actual cries. I wouldn't necessarily mind having the old cries, but I do feel they should be updated.

Giving them the anime voices is the worst possible option.

Yeah I think the anime voices would be the worst, but I still added it as an option as I'm sure others would disagree with me as everyone has their own opinion on the subject, heh.
---
#6SlimeStackPosted 7/2/2013 2:13:42 PM
With regards to the fourth option, I feel like they have been giving some of them animal noises where appropriate. I mean Togetic sounds a bit like it's tweeting, and Poochyena makes a dog-like growl. There are lots of better examples I'm sure.

Anime voices will never happen because they would take up a lot of space on the cart, and they would have to be dubbed in different languages. The games are aiming to have a language selection screen, which means multiple dubs would have to be squashed onto one cart. It's just not feasible. It's also a terrible option.

I wouldn't mind GameFreak updating some cries. Keeping them the same but redoing them with current technology. But if they don't that's still fine really.
---
Awaiting: AC4, LR:FFXIII, FFXIV:ARR, FFXV, BD:FF, Pokemon X, DA:I, Zelda: ALBW
#7Meta289Posted 7/2/2013 2:16:59 PM
Why do people like the Stadium cries? They sounded terrible.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#8X_Ayumi_X(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 2:18:59 PM
SlimeStack posted...
With regards to the fourth option, I feel like they have been giving some of them animal noises where appropriate. I mean Togetic sounds a bit like it's tweeting, and Poochyena makes a dog-like growl. There are lots of better examples I'm sure.

Anime voices will never happen because they would take up a lot of space on the cart, and they would have to be dubbed in different languages. The games are aiming to have a language selection screen, which means multiple dubs would have to be squashed onto one cart. It's just not feasible. It's also a terrible option.

I wouldn't mind GameFreak updating some cries. Keeping them the same but redoing them with current technology. But if they don't that's still fine really.

I honestly wasn't considering this as a Pokémon X Y question as I know the sound clips would take a lot of room. I meant in general into the Pokémon franchise future.
---
#9FuneralCakePosted 7/2/2013 2:19:26 PM
Meta289 posted...
Why do people like the Stadium cries? They sounded terrible.

Not all of them. I think only a few actually sounded terrible.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i don't want to do things. i want to not do things.
#10NewbieN00bPosted 7/2/2013 2:22:58 PM
Update the old ones to sound less... beepy. Not much more. I really don't want the anime voices.
---
Give me all teh FE D':