This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon needs gay protagonists.

#61MegaWentEvilPosted 7/2/2013 8:34:13 PM
2) Japan is in the middle of a population crisis with low birth rates; the last thing they need is encouraging homosexual behavior.

You cannot "encourage" homosexual behavior any more than you can encourage heterosexual behavior.
#62vanguard29Posted 7/2/2013 8:38:00 PM
Afrotastic_J posted...
The protagonists are pretty much already asexual/abstinent, making them gay would be pointless.

came into this topic to say that. if you are going to add such themes to pokemon, why not start at heterosexual? Seeing as there isnt even one of those yet <_<
---
FE:A Board in a nutshell: "I should have known posting any kind of topic would be a recipe for disaster..." - Orochimaru024
#63Sir_SpecterPosted 7/2/2013 8:43:21 PM
Look man, I get that you want more gay representation in games. As a gay man, I understand and I too would like to see more gay characters. However, the protagonist in Pokemon is silent and doesn't have a love interest in any of the games anyway. That way, you can imagine him/her to be however you want. Forcing gayness upon a protagonist with no stated sexual orientation anyway would be kind of pointless.

What would you envision this character who only responds in yes/no to do to communicate homosexuality? Dress in hotpants and say yes when prompted by Roughneck Bubbles for mansex? Let's think about this for a minute.

If pokemon were to have a homosexual character, I'd want to see it done differently. Have it be some named NPC like a gym leader and just have him have a boyfriend at home or something like that.
#64kingrat2314Posted 7/2/2013 8:43:51 PM
Jarred623 posted...
I wouldn't want to hinder the creative freedom of the writers that have already done so much work into X and Y, but it's not too late to petition for the sequel(s).

How do you know none of the protagonists have been gay? Even if they aren't, you can still roleplay it like that if you wanted to.
---
New Modest Mouse album - 2014!
Final Fantasy XV is going to be one of the best Final Fantasy games.
#65JarickoPosted 7/2/2013 8:44:28 PM
Bring back the couples pokemon trainers and have them both be female or both male? I guess i would not mind this but its not really worth the controversy from both ends of the argument in my opinion.
---
2766-8059-8176 Friend Code. Feel free to add me, Inbox me if you do though.
#66Sir_SpecterPosted 7/2/2013 8:46:56 PM
Jaricko posted...
Bring back the couples pokemon trainers and have them both be female or both male? I guess i would not mind this but its not really worth the controversy from both ends of the argument in my opinion.

I think that'd be a good way to do it, actually. The games need more double battles anyway.
#67SpinKirbyPosted 7/2/2013 8:47:45 PM
The truth about Professor Ivy...
#68deidara21Posted 7/2/2013 8:48:49 PM
I disagree. We don't a gay character, you just want one
---
Lemmings- "Wanna go back to your place?" "Do you have any condoms?" "Haha Who needs condoms"
#69hhjghbhghnmhPosted 7/2/2013 8:54:27 PM
PrinceChickadee posted...
Megawizard posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Also, who said 10 year olds can't be gay?

Their lack of puberty and as such no mental progress for any type of preference yet?

also, they aren't ten, that nonsense was only established in the anime
Red was in fact 11, and supposedly ages throughout the series, but I'm pretty sure even that ended with black/white 2 where he still looks like a kid.
Hilda and Hilbert seemed to be older than previous trainers, while Nate and notably Rosa are DEFINITELY not little kids.

I think you're talking about the manga. I don't think that's canon. No more canon than the show anyways. Y'know, unless Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Koga, and the Elite Four are all evil. Although eleven sounds pretty reasonable.
---
Barrel!
#70JoseponypantsPosted 7/2/2013 9:17:22 PM
There's enough yaoi fanfiction in the Pokemon world anyway, we don't need to make it a canonical thing to egg on more people.
---
OBJECTION! This topic clearly sucks!
PSN, GT, Nintendo Network and Steam ID: Joseponypants