This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Reaction If: Smogon was not hacked. Site was taken down to...

#1stardusteheroPosted 7/2/2013 5:46:39 PM
get ready for X and Y!

But this time around Gamefreak has hired Smogon to develop the official rules and ban list for Global Link tournament and Wifi Search.

The result would be the Standard OU rules being used as the official rules for X and Y.
---
Pokemon Black Version 2 Friend Code: 2624-0554-4747
#2Kumori_no_YoruPosted 7/2/2013 5:48:25 PM
I'd lul.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: The Last of Us, Muramasa Rebirth
#3Scorpion122178Posted 7/2/2013 5:49:18 PM
That would be fantastic, overhaul the IV system and include an option to switch off random crits and we're in business.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
#4drizleoPosted 7/2/2013 5:50:22 PM
Yep going back to Yugioh if that's the case

Now to dig out my blue-eyes white dragon and dark magician girl..
---
PSN: GokaiGold Although during semesters I'm mostly on Neon Alley
#5overmaxxPosted 7/2/2013 5:52:12 PM
Scorpion122178 posted...
That would be fantastic, overhaul the IV system and include an option to switch off random crits and we're in business.

Oh god I can't breathe.
---
3DS: 2122 - 5984 - 7063
Animal Crossing is pretty chill.
#6AysanderPosted 7/2/2013 5:53:30 PM
stardustehero posted...
get ready for X and Y!

But this time around Gamefreak has hired Smogon to develop the official rules and ban list for Global Link tournament and Wifi Search.

The result would be the Standard OU rules being used as the official rules for X and Y.

I already barely touch WiFi b/c I don't feel like my pokemon would do well....don't make me unable to touch WiFi because of those damned rule-makers....
#7DweezleMoonunitPosted 7/2/2013 5:59:31 PM
It'd get hacked for real then.
---
If you like Absol then YOU ARE BAD PERSON
#NerfFairies2013
#8stardustehero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 8:03:43 PM
Scorpion122178 posted...

This overhaul the IV system
---
Pokemon Black Version 2 Friend Code: 2624-0554-4747
#9Ray GunPosted 7/2/2013 8:09:50 PM
Scorpion122178 posted...

literally nope.
---
rg
#10Probit_ReturnPosted 7/2/2013 8:24:08 PM
So... Smogon would actually control the metagame fully and completely (and possibly the main game itself? You didn't say anything about the main game, and admittedly, it wouldn't make sense, but you just said X and Y, which one might assume could include the story itself), and their rules would be enforced for... everything, thereby eliminating the choice of playing by Smogon's rules, Nintendo's rules, or even random rules agreed to by challengers before hand? Isn't one of the biggest complaint about Smogon that there are very vocal members of the community who force the site's metagame standards on everyone they meet, which causes the people who encounter it to assume everyone in the Smogon community is like that, thus starting the Pro versus Anti debates that pop up pretty much every time Smogon is mentioned? Wouldn't this entirely defeat the biggest defense used against the Anti-Smogon crowd ("You don't have to use their rules if you don't want to")?

I'm sorry, but if this idea were implemented, it would create the perfect ****storm of hate, anger, and violence that would spark a war that would rage between the two groups for ages, encompassing the board(s) in a conflict that would irreparably split the community into three very distinct groups and drive we non-competitive players away from the discussion and leading to a very bleak future where any chance of harmony between the groups would be nearly impossible. I shudder to think of the consequences...

I'm not ragging on Smogon, but this does not sound like a good idea strictly from a perspective of someone who appreciates choice. Feel free to correct me if I've misunderstood anything though.
---
Hinako danced crazy