This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is gonna be the first Pokemon game without lame ass cheating hackers

#21RTC3Posted 7/3/2013 7:54:09 AM
keep dreaming
---
Lakers. Black Mamba. Steve Ca$h. "Boom boom" Pau Gasol "Train." Dwight "Makes Right" Howard. we. already. won.
#22deadpool848Posted 7/3/2013 7:57:09 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Count_Black posted...
GoGoat posted...
deadpool848 posted...
Wouldnt pokemon that have different types be a problem, like all the pokemon that are gaining the fairy type, there code would be different in the gen 5 games than in gen 6 so i would think transfering them would be a difficult task?

Not at all. I'd imagine the pokemon itself only retains data on what species it actually is, so its type only matters when its being read by the game.

The other thing is that Magnemite and Magneton could be transferred from RBY to GSC without any issue, and that evolution line changed types between generations. There should be no problems with anything gaining Fairy type in the generation shift.

A Pokémon doesn't need to store data on things that are always the same. So it stores information on its nickname, gender, EVs, IVs, etc, but not its type, species name or base stats. Those things can be looked up when the game needs them.

Cool, wasnt sure how the data was stored.
#23FeatherinePosted 7/3/2013 8:15:52 AM
If the TC is talking about blatant hacks like putting Huge Power on Terrakion or getting Wonder Guard Tomb and such, then sure, okay.

I, however, will not support the fact that people are also overlooking others' own schedules. Nobody has much time to EV train + breed + inter-trade 100 hours a week, rich boy.
#24Rememberdaname(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 8:23:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#25Rememberdaname(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 8:25:22 AM
From: GalladetheGreat | Posted: 7/3/2013 10:37:42 AM | #017
Except that's not true. At all. Hacking will always be present.

3DS isn't hacked. You can't use pokegen and crap with it

hahaha hacker.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0777 2053 4804
#26SlimeStackPosted 7/3/2013 8:32:47 AM
Rememberdaname posted...
From: GalladetheGreat | Posted: 7/3/2013 10:37:42 AM | #017
Except that's not true. At all. Hacking will always be present.

3DS isn't hacked. You can't use pokegen and crap with it

hahaha hacker.

You don't need to hack a console to use Pokegen. Stop being ignorant.
---
Awaiting: AC4, LR:FFXIII, FFXIV:ARR, FFXV, BD:FF, Pokemon X, DA:I, Zelda: ALBW
#27WutengPosted 7/3/2013 8:34:29 AM
Nintendo316T posted...
Or bring hacked Pokemon over from the DS games.

---
Max 2380-3218-5410
#28hellslingerPosted 7/3/2013 8:36:20 AM
I love that people still think hacking will be completely impossible for the 3DS. It's going to happen and it was always going to be a Pokemon game that finally pushed it over the edge.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0nnGT1c.jpg
#29Silent_Snake666Posted 7/3/2013 10:09:15 AM
deevo117 posted...
Silent_Snake666 posted...
Nintendo316T posted...
Or bring hacked Pokemon over from the DS games.

You dont even know if thats possible yet

And you don't know that it's impossible.

It's more than likely, since the only time they didn't let us transfer over generations was a pretty big hardware advance. (Haha that's kind of punny, now that I think about it.)

I'm going to assume that it'll be along the lines of the Gen IV to V transfer, but via 3DS eShop application.

I think it's more likely you wont be able to. Why would they go to such lengths and put their neck on the line if they know people can just transfer hacks?
---
3DS friend code: 4940-5765-6493 PSN - Craig_Lennon "We're not tools of the government or anyone else!" - Gray Fox
#30kingjam1Posted 7/3/2013 10:20:20 AM
These topics make me wish the 3DS gets hacked. I know what will be great lets remove backward compatibility to temporarily stop hackers and hurt loads of legit players so when the 3DS eventually gets hacked the hackers get their Pokemon anyway and legit players are stopped from having their Pokemon. Great idea.
---
Can't think of anything