This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is gonna be the first Pokemon game without lame ass cheating hackers

#81RoyalDroneXPosted 7/3/2013 11:12:44 PM
AlI_About_The_U posted...
Ahahaha, good one, TC.

"Hackers are done!", haha!

you do know about nintendo's statement about hackers 6 days ago?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9017-6003
#82AlI_About_The_UPosted 7/3/2013 11:19:18 PM
you do know about nintendo's statement about hackers 6 days ago?

What, they're gonna ban folks caught cheating? Hackers are good enough to make hackmon look legit.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#83jamieyelloPosted 7/3/2013 11:20:57 PM
There'll still be pokegen. Inb4pokegensnothacking
---
Mod this.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/06/nsa-prism-data-mining_n_3399310.html
#84HydreigoonPosted 7/4/2013 12:26:02 AM
So you expect me to actually breed for a Perfect Pokemon. Do you know how much work goes into getting a competitive, even more so if you want a Shiny one?

Get the heck outta here.
---
Games playing: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
LoL IGN: 0mnip0tent, previously known as Wyrm Wrath and Hydreigoon.
#85ClassyOldHatPosted 7/4/2013 5:44:20 AM
RoyalDroneX posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h86g-XgUCA8
that video explains why grinding isn't fun

thing with that argument is that the EV training is for competitive purposes and using hacks and cheats in those competitions is like blood boosters: both can fool others and aren't as illegal as using confirmed things, but still is a form of cheating

But with Vitamins and Join Avenue and Pokerus being spread like wildfire across internet trading, it can sometimes take even less time to EV train legitimately than to hack.

The IV system, meanwhile, is more comparable to a lottery, as it functions now (especially for Pokemon that cannot be acquired through breeding), as sport training ALWAYS makes a difference for the investment, it's just a matter of how long. Breeding IVs happens randomly, and literally weeks of work can turn up nothing if the RNG hates you.

If you want to compare that to the whole sports thing, a better metaphore would be that each competitor is handed out six cards with a random number on them, and that number decides how many weights will be strapped to you while you perform your Olympic event. Would anyone take such a competition seriously? Hackers are saying "You know what, I don't want to be at a disadvantage because of these random chains, and I don't want my opponent to be at a disadvantage because of them either." Hackers in Pokemon want FAIR fights, not fights where one person has an advantage because s/he won the lottery before showing up to the competition.
#86Rememberdaname(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 8:39:37 AM
So you expect me to actually breed for a Perfect Pokemon. Do you know how much work goes into getting a competitive, even more so if you want a Shiny one?

Get the heck outta here.

then don't play the freaking game online.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0777 2053 4804
#87jamieyelloPosted 7/4/2013 11:27:12 AM
Rememberdaname posted...

Get the heck outta here.

then don't play the freaking game online.

---
Mod this.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/06/nsa-prism-data-mining_n_3399310.html
#88GeneralKenobi85Posted 7/4/2013 11:30:53 AM
I don't care either way, since PO and Showdown exist
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#89MetaCyclonePosted 7/4/2013 11:37:17 AM
Okay, here's the reality point of things. Truth is, hacking will still exist; UNLESS nintendo, not gamefreak, does this number of things:

Exterminate any sort of association with cheat companies; such as AR's.

Terminate all related sources that tweak IV's; such as pokegen.

Backwards capability not confirmed.

GTS not linked with the original.

Or simply take out IVs perm, which will NEVER happen.

All this here would exterminate hacking, in which will NOT happen. If nintendo has yet to shut down PO and showdown, and sue the hell out of those who copyright the designs and battle style of pokemon making their own gameplay features, which be consider pirating, then they won't go to the extent of seriously worrying about the hack situation.

And why? Because kids are still buying pokemon. Plain and simple. And the only time they will act on such things is if the sales were to drop severely. In which, will not happen.

Case closed to everyone. Hacking will exist believe it or not. There still will be those that will transfer wondertombs to huge power terrakions. There will be perfectly hacked pokes. There will be hacked shinies. There will be hacked trainers.

Learn to adapt or quit pokemon. Good day, sir!
---
Looking forward on ditching pokemon B & W for X & Y.
#90RoyalDroneXPosted 7/4/2013 12:10:24 PM
ClassyOldHat posted...
RoyalDroneX posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h86g-XgUCA8
that video explains why grinding isn't fun

thing with that argument is that the EV training is for competitive purposes and using hacks and cheats in those competitions is like blood boosters: both can fool others and aren't as illegal as using confirmed things, but still is a form of cheating

But with Vitamins and Join Avenue and Pokerus being spread like wildfire across internet trading, it can sometimes take even less time to EV train legitimately than to hack.

The IV system, meanwhile, is more comparable to a lottery, as it functions now (especially for Pokemon that cannot be acquired through breeding), as sport training ALWAYS makes a difference for the investment, it's just a matter of how long. Breeding IVs happens randomly, and literally weeks of work can turn up nothing if the RNG hates you.

If you want to compare that to the whole sports thing, a better metaphore would be that each competitor is handed out six cards with a random number on them, and that number decides how many weights will be strapped to you while you perform your Olympic event. Would anyone take such a competition seriously? Hackers are saying "You know what, I don't want to be at a disadvantage because of these random chains, and I don't want my opponent to be at a disadvantage because of them either." Hackers in Pokemon want FAIR fights, not fights where one person has an advantage because s/he won the lottery before showing up to the competition.

so in a sense, rigging the deck to where you get an equal chance combats the random issue? I simply ignore IV or don't play it as a severe moment. I've seen people get away with simply just EVing a pokemon and ignoring IVs (heck, why do you think some tournaments ban the use of Hidden Power for?).

IV manipulation just to get a perfect 31 defeats the basis and in the end, sort of forces people to have to PokeGen just to get an edge or quit competition all together because people will simply just create perfect pokemon all together.

In a sense, it's sort of inexcusable to pokegen now that Nintendo's making things a bit more user friendly for EV training (stuff you listed before, unlimited use TMs).

Heck, PokeSav's original use was intended to create the Event pokemon that were exclusive to those traveling live shows, Pokemon New York, tournaments, ect. Competetive use of it was made to experiment perfect builds of pokemon for Gen IV due to the one time use of TMs.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9017-6003