This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Breeding a perfect IV pokemon should take no longer than an hour

#11SlimeStackPosted 7/3/2013 10:06:17 AM
IVs should just be changed up so that there's no breeding lottery business going on. There's 3 desired results: 31, 0 and whatever is required for Hidden Power. Then 8 million degrees of unwanted results. It's not a case of Pokémon simply being different, it's a case of Pokémon being outright objectively inferior. It's possible to control 1 result, but you have to luck out and get that result on a parent first.

Moves, EVs, natures, genders and abilities have either a much kinder degree of randomness, or they're very easy to control. They all take work in one way or another, but none of them add countless hours for no good reason and some good can potentially come out of a Pokémon with the wrong ability or moves, etc. It's at least not a case of being 100% objectively inferior to the other results.
---
Awaiting: AC4, LR:FFXIII, FFXIV:ARR, FFXV, BD:FF, Pokemon X, DA:I, Zelda: ALBW
#12deadpool848Posted 7/3/2013 10:23:39 AM
I say thre should be a laboratory in the game, where you can genetically engineer a pokemon by taking the DNA of the 2 desired parents, adjusting it's IVs, ability, moves from parents and nature. Then letting the machine take it's course and have ut grow you an egg after a certain amount of time, then you proceed to hatch it and woila, the pokemon you want.
#13garekmanPosted 7/3/2013 10:40:47 AM
I'll try to ask for help here. Could someone help me understand what IV's are? I mean, I know they're random values you get when you hacth an egg or catch a pokemon, from 0 to 31, which determines the stats increases, but I don't know how I'm supposed to know what IV's my Pokemon have and I don't know how to raise them. I pretend to breed Bulbasaurs in order to get an almost perfect one, with Relaxed nature, and the best IV's in every stat, but I don't know how to do it or if it's even possible... Any help? I've read a lot of articles on a lot of webs and yet understand nothing... :( I'd also ask those of you willing to help me to PM me, please.
---
White FC: 1464-7519-2965
#14yzmanPosted 7/3/2013 1:34:26 PM
garekman posted...
I'll try to ask for help here. Could someone help me understand what IV's are? I mean, I know they're random values you get when you hacth an egg or catch a pokemon, from 0 to 31, which determines the stats increases, but I don't know how I'm supposed to know what IV's my Pokemon have and I don't know how to raise them. I pretend to breed Bulbasaurs in order to get an almost perfect one, with Relaxed nature, and the best IV's in every stat, but I don't know how to do it or if it's even possible... Any help? I've read a lot of articles on a lot of webs and yet understand nothing... :( I'd also ask those of you willing to help me to PM me, please.

Without writing a whole article ( I'm sure you can find a FAQ on it) there is no way to change IVs. They are basically your pokemons genes. That said, there is certain ways to transfer good IVS to baby pokes. If you make the desired IV pokemon hold a power item ( power anklet for speed for example) that IV will always transfer to the baby poke. Otherwise which ones transfer down are random. Its nearly impossible to get perfect ones in all stats without investing a loooooot of time.

Really you should go to smogon or bulbapedia or a site like that and read some good articles on it. There is also FAQS on here.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#15PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/3/2013 1:41:47 PM
I'm of the opinon that those random IVs should continue to increase to a range of 22-31 the more eggs are hatched from the same parents. Or increase the inherited IVs to 5 instead of 3. Better than being totally random.

But having control over them manually would be best.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)