This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As Gamefreak designs more and more Pokemon

#1GubbeyPosted 7/3/2013 9:51:38 AM
Technical limits will force one of these three options:

They will begin removing older Pokémon in order to make room for the new ones. Gamers are always clamoring for new experiences, so by taking out less popular Pokémon such as Glalie, they can add new Pokémon whilst clearing out ones the community has deemed "a waste of space."

Or

They will stop adding new Pokémon altogether. This may seem absurd, but with how powerful nostalgia is, Gamefreak may just begin releasing games containing only Pokémon people recognize and love, while adding gameplay innovations that change things up while not necessarily consuming more memory on the cartridge.

And lastly.

Pokémon will keep adding new creatures at the same rate, but at the cost of becoming a text-based adventure with little in the way of graphic depictions. It'll be passed off as "innovative gameplay", but it's hard to gauge what effect this change will have on the franchises's success. It all depends on how it's executed.

There is a limit to how powerful a gaming system can be. And as pressure rises on Gamefreak to put out more quality games at a faster rate, we may see multiple generations of Pokémon on a single console generations. Thus Gamefreak will be forced to make the difficult decision detailed above.
---
There's one thing that makes me happy, and makes my whole life worthwhiiile!
And that's when I talk to my friends and get them to smiiiile~!
#2LightningHawk90Posted 7/3/2013 9:53:11 AM
Or. They'll just keeping adding pokemon and not remove anything.

Look at how many species of animals there are on Earth. It's not like there will ever be "too many"
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#3FeatherinePosted 7/3/2013 9:53:56 AM
RageKaiser posted...
Or. They'll just keeping adding pokemon and not remove anything.

Look at how many species of animals there are on Earth. It's not like there will ever be "too many"

Agreed.

I mean, just look at how many generic Water-types there are in the games we have atm haha
#4FuneralCakePosted 7/3/2013 9:54:22 AM
Uhhhhhh... Increasing technology actually means they can keep adding more Pokemon. I don't know what you're talking about.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i don't want to do things. i want to not do things.
#5SlimeStackPosted 7/3/2013 9:54:43 AM
If you haven't noticed this is a 3DS game, and future generations will be on stronger hardware.

Unless we suddenly start using floppy disks in the future, space will not be a concern for something as trivial as Pokémon.
---
Awaiting: AC4, LR:FFXIII, FFXIV:ARR, FFXV, BD:FF, Pokemon X, DA:I, Zelda: ALBW
#6GATTJTPosted 7/3/2013 9:55:02 AM

No. No they won't.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#7jayman7Posted 7/3/2013 9:59:43 AM
Ooh! Ooh! I want to play this game too!

Because of limits in technology that in no way go away after time, the next gen will only have three towns, one gym, and six Pokémon! Total!

But it will have the most amazingest graphics in all of ever!

What? It's exactly as realistic as your claims, TC.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8ryudin89Posted 7/3/2013 10:01:42 AM
Lol "technical limitations". How cute TC.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
3DS Friend Code:3780-9074-3418
#9MaplesGrandGMPosted 7/3/2013 10:03:41 AM
Gubbey posted...

They will begin removing older Pokémon in order to make room for the new ones. Gamers are always clamoring for new experiences, so by taking out less popular Pokémon such as Glalie, they can add new Pokémon whilst clearing out ones the community has deemed "a waste of space."

Or

They will stop adding new Pokémon altogether. This may seem absurd, but with how powerful nostalgia is, Gamefreak may just begin releasing games containing only Pokémon people recognize and love, while adding gameplay innovations that change things up while not necessarily consuming more memory on the cartridge.

And lastly.

Pokémon will keep adding new creatures at the same rate, but at the cost of becoming a text-based adventure with little in the way of graphic depictions. It'll be passed off as "innovative gameplay", but it's hard to gauge what effect this change will have on the franchises's success. It all depends on how it's executed.

There is a limit to how powerful a gaming system can be. And as pressure rises on Gamefreak to put out more quality games at a faster rate, we may see multiple generations of Pokémon on a single console generations. Thus Gamefreak will be forced to make the difficult decision detailed above.

Right, cause obviously the fact that the cartridges and systems they make the games for evolve, and grow, means Pokemon should stop growing so they have space.
#10Meta289Posted 7/3/2013 10:04:32 AM
ITT: I don't want Game Freak to make any more new Pokemon.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.