This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So anyone not using starters?

#1LGX50Posted 7/3/2013 2:59:10 PM
Does anyone else try it sometime?
---
60% of the time it works everytime.
#2Rose_MagePosted 7/3/2013 3:00:09 PM
Serebii's gonna use Celebi.
---
R ~ Official Beth and Parvati of the SMTIV board, Official Caitlin of the PX board, Official Cherche of the FEA board, The_Sol_Blader's loving wife
#3jayman7Posted 7/3/2013 3:02:13 PM
I didn't in Black 2. I tried, but my Servine just wasn't pulling its weight, so I replaced him with a Lilligant.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/3/2013 3:02:55 PM
The only times I've ever ditched the starters when I replayed the games were in Gen V. Final evolutions have a big part on if I decide on using my starter the whole way through.
---
~I am dancing with Molly~
~BlackJack, VIP, Be2ty, Kamilia~
#5P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/3/2013 3:05:09 PM
The only time I've ever not used a starter was in my English Black 2, and I don't plan to do so again
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#6SgtCashmerePosted 7/3/2013 3:07:25 PM
I will not use Starters if it is possible to assemble an Eevee team early in the game. That is why I hope backwards compatibility will be implemented somehow - I want to raise an Umbreon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon and Eevee in a Gen IV game and ship them over to Pokémon X, where I will evolve the Eevee into Sylveon.
#7GATTJTPosted 7/3/2013 3:09:43 PM
First time I ever ditched my starter was in White. Tepig evolving into that monstrosity was too much for me. Boxed that loser and got myself a Darumaka.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#8jayman7Posted 7/3/2013 3:10:23 PM
SgtCashmere posted...
I will not use Starters if it is possible to assemble an Eevee team early in the game. That is why I hope backwards compatibility will be implemented somehow - I want to raise an Umbreon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon and Eevee in a Gen IV game and ship them over to Pokémon X, where I will evolve the Eevee into Sylveon.

Backward compatibility is never available before the postgame, so you'd need to get an early Eevee and either breed it or catch more to pull this off.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9SgtCashmerePosted 7/3/2013 3:14:32 PM
jayman7 posted...
SgtCashmere posted...

Backward compatibility is never available before the postgame, so you'd need to get an early Eevee and either breed it or catch more to pull this off.

:(
You are probably right
#10andrewx72Posted 7/3/2013 3:15:08 PM
I'm gonna trade for all of them.
---
Don't eat blue melons.
Black 2 FC: 2022 7568 3773