This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just watched a clip of Charizard's return to the anime

#1iKhanicPosted 7/3/2013 9:03:32 PM
I got mad respect for Ash's Charizard, since I was introduced to the Pokemon series through the anime. So when I heard he was coming back, I thought I'd watch a clip. I had rewatched a few early episodes of the anime for fun earlier this year, and they were pretty awful, but this clip somehow managed to be worse. For starters, they completely screwed up Charizard's design, making his neck extremely long and him even fatter. Then every attack ended up in an explosion. And the characters were just saying stupid things. I mean the anime's always been terrible, but I feel like it's sunken from a 2/10 to a -5/10.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2scrappybristolPosted 7/3/2013 9:05:07 PM
If it makes you feel better, they completely retconned his design by incorporating the new look of the anime into flashbacks when Ash was telling his crew about Charizard.
---
Blue skidoo, we can too!
#3FuneralCakePosted 7/3/2013 9:05:47 PM
Pretty sure the anime is made at Foxconn. Of course it looks terrible.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i don't want to do things. i want to not do things.
#4Nightstar1994Posted 7/3/2013 9:05:54 PM
You would be better without knowing this, but whatever:

Charizard does NOTHING exceptional after his return. He's just there. And later, he just serves as a regional bird searching for lost Pokemon.
#5bobstevens23123Posted 7/3/2013 9:17:47 PM
Nightstar1994 posted...

Charizard does NOTHING exceptional after his return. He's just there. And later, he just serves as a regional bird searching for lost Pokemon.

**** u for telling me that. da*mit that pisses me off no way the writers would have that happen
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#6BlackBloodDragoPosted 7/3/2013 9:36:44 PM
Nightstar1994 posted...

I know right? Whenever someone leaves for an extended period of time for training they comeback uber powerfull, not exactly the same as we last saw them. Seriously what the heck was Ash's Charizared even doing? Just sitting there waiting until the day Ash would call him back?
---
Darkgun 3DS FC: 3480-3950-4456
REPENT MOTHER F***ER!
#7LexifoxPosted 7/7/2013 4:57:32 PM
BlackBloodDrago posted...
Nightstar1994 posted...

I know right? Whenever someone leaves for an extended period of time for training they comeback uber powerfull, not exactly the same as we last saw them. Seriously what the heck was Ash's Charizared even doing? Just sitting there waiting until the day Ash would call him back?

Have you seen Charla? You'll understand what he was doing when you have a girlfriend.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#8Octaivian_RexPosted 7/7/2013 5:02:51 PM
iKhanic posted...
I got mad respect for Ash's Charizard, since I was introduced to the Pokemon series through the anime. So when I heard he was coming back, I thought I'd watch a clip. I had rewatched a few early episodes of the anime for fun earlier this year, and they were pretty awful, but this clip somehow managed to be worse. For starters, they completely screwed up Charizard's design, making his neck extremely long and him even fatter. Then every attack ended up in an explosion. And the characters were just saying stupid things. I mean the anime's always been terrible, but I feel like it's sunkern from a 2/10 to a -5/10.

Fixed.
---
http://picasion.com/resize70/8cd5a09ffb091458e8b25ab5cf41c108.gif
#9X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/7/2013 6:34:30 PM
Lexifox posted...
BlackBloodDrago posted...
Nightstar1994 posted...

Have you seen Charla? You'll understand what he was doing when you have a girlfriend.

Not trying to insult but I'm going to guess you never did it.
That's considered a form of exercise.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#10LexifoxPosted 7/7/2013 6:35:36 PM
I choose to engage in certain activities with my significant other in a way that isn't necessarily the most physically exhausting.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod