This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT Fairy is weak to poison

#1evilvideogamerPosted 7/4/2013 12:14:55 AM
What mons are now more useful? And yes I realize most poison types are,but discussions are interesting.
---
swagodile for life
3DS: 3222 5845 4482
#2fuzi11Posted 7/4/2013 12:23:27 AM
The Zubat line
#3Hanon623Posted 7/4/2013 12:25:58 AM
Scizor not only is his signature bullet punch effective against fairies, the poison types that the fairy type encourages have their stab rendered ineffective against him
#4kaonohiokalaPosted 7/4/2013 12:32:51 AM(edited)
Hanon623 posted...
Scizor not only is his signature bullet punch effective against fairies, the poison types that the fairy type encourages have their stab rendered ineffective against him

Completely fails to set aside rumors and focus on topic content literally 3 posts into topic.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#5evilvideogamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 12:44:29 AM
Maybe Gengar might actually have a use for sludge bomb?
---
swagodile for life
3DS: 3222 5845 4482
#6DonniedonzPosted 7/4/2013 12:58:34 AM
Scarf Seviper becomes more useful in lower tiers.

Gardevoir finally contents with Phychics like Alakazam and Starmie for a dedicated offensive role, making Drapion gain usage as a hard counter.
---
Well, well, well... What do we have here?
#7Yamato_sanPosted 7/4/2013 8:14:52 AM(edited)
evilvideogamer posted...
Maybe Gengar might actually have a use for sludge bomb?

Poison-type moves in general will serve a purpose besides just STAB (and a chance of status effect, albeit that's usually inferior to Toxic). Even back in generation 1, when they still had the advantage over Bug, they could still only do super effective damage against types that Flying and Fire already had covered (except Fire and Flying also had at least one more type that they'd be advantageous against), to say nothing of the fact that it hit a lot of types for not very effective damage (it was essentially Normal, except with one advantage, an added disadvantage to Ground and itself, and Ghost and Steel switching places in terms of being not very effective and being ineffective; the fact that something is immune to it at all still being a pretty big deal).

On another note, the Kebia Berry might see some more usage. More-so if a Fairy/Grass-type Pokemon is released.
#8MCcakePosted 7/4/2013 8:16:18 AM
Garbordor's time to shine
---
3DS FC: 4055-3491-9170(Mickey; ACNL: Jam)
PM me if you add me, or I won't know you exist x:
#9Wandering__HeroPosted 7/4/2013 8:18:26 AM
MCcake posted...
Garbordor's time to shine

You could say that it would be Garbordor Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k&safe=active
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#10Thepenguinking2Posted 7/4/2013 8:20:58 AM
Poison is still a horrible type, and shall always be the worst type ever.
---
Mentions of Zangoose since 6/27/2013 as of this post: 21
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board!