This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT Fairy is weak to poison

#11Kilp45Posted 7/4/2013 8:30:35 AM
Seviper, Crobat, Roserade, Garbador, Swalot, and Drapion. Though it will still be a bad offensive type.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BalloonClock - Be sure to check out my vids.
Black 2 FC: 5329-8868-7421
#12Yamato_sanPosted 7/4/2013 11:54:09 AM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
Poison is still a horrible type, and shall always be the worst type ever.

not quite. Even if its offenses are lacking, it's pretty well-off defensively. The Ground-type weakness hurts, but it resists Fighting and is immune to the poison status condition. However, the Fairy advantage at least improves its standing as an offensive type even if a little, and as I mentioned earlier, it's finally getting something worth standing apart from Fire and Flying.
#13harle1012000Posted 7/4/2013 10:03:08 PM

Meh, I'd say Normal is worst if only because Poison has nice resistances.
---
If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, be sure to check the enclosed instruction book
#14SpikeTbearPosted 7/6/2013 11:20:11 AM
If Gamefreak goes the extra mile to help the poor, poor Poison types, it will also make Poison strong against Dragon. That would certainly take them up a notch.

But as it stands now, Poison will be strong against Grass (a type that seemingly everything is strong against) and Fairy. But since Steel will probably also be strong against Fairy, I'm thinking most peeps are just going to start using STAB moves on the Steel Pokemon they already commonly use. Unfortunately, that doesn't really equate to a huge boost in using Poison Pokes. Both of its SEs are also owned by better attacking types, so unless it gets a third SE hit, it's still pretty much in the same boat.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#15Parasect_FanPosted 7/6/2013 11:32:19 AM
*Still thinks that Poison should be SE against Water*

If it got Grass, Water, and Fairy Poison would finally be a pretty good type. Oh well. I do think that it'll get the Fairy SE so that'll be something, at least.
---
Sermo meus tela potentissima
#16SpikeTbearPosted 7/6/2013 11:37:29 AM
I agree with the SE on Water. It's really odd that some types are weak against 5 other types, while Water sits around enjoying only 2 weaknesses. Jerks.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#17radred2004Posted 7/6/2013 11:40:32 AM
Parasect_Fan posted...

If it got Grass, Water, and Fairy Poison would finally be a pretty good type. Oh well. I do think that it'll get the Fairy SE so that'll be something, at least.

Agreed. Makes sense as well if you look at elements. And the fact that water type is also overpowered.
---
White: Daisy 1550 0892 3564 Gold: Gold 3268 1023 8138
#18Emerald_MeliosPosted 7/8/2013 7:50:14 PM
Parasect_Fan posted...

Add Fighting to that list.
#19Yamato_sanPosted 7/8/2013 8:38:32 PM
radred2004 posted...
Agreed. Makes sense as well if you look at elements. And the fact that water type is also overpowered.

at least physical attacks can do SE damage to it now. I remember back in gen3 when that wasn't the case, Milotic was viewed to be quite broken because of it. Though the lack of good physical Electric attacks and the fact that Ice Beam kills Grass-types still doesn't help matters.
#20M4nnimalPosted 7/8/2013 8:42:04 PM

Not really. It's not a bad splash-damage type, and it isn't bad defensively.

There are worse defensive types and worse offensive types.
---
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."