This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Sword Pokemon.

#101namelessregretPosted 7/4/2013 2:30:34 AM
Socran posted...
Hmm? What was Mawile based on?

Futakuchi-onna. There is also Froslass, based on Yuki-onna.
---
The Official Pallas Athena of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#102LexifoxPosted 7/4/2013 2:35:18 AM
namelessregret posted...
Socran posted...

For reference, the Futakuchi-onna is a woman who has a second mouth on the back of her head and long black hair, while the Yuki-onna is a female snow spirit.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#103LightningHawk90Posted 7/4/2013 2:36:33 AM
Lexifox posted...
namelessregret posted...
Socran posted...

For reference, the Futakuchi-onna is a woman who has a second mouth on the back of her head and long black hair.

She sounds sexy.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#104SocranPosted 7/4/2013 2:54:30 AM(edited)
namelessregret posted...
Socran posted...

Futa-who? *Looks it up* Oh right, the hair mouth lady. Eh, I guess I can sort of see how Mawile could've been inspired, though I'd never guess in a thousand years if it wasn't pointed out. Froslass was a bit more obvious, but that's also because yuki-onna is a much more popular creature, and the names are pretty similar ("snow lady" = "frost lass").

Maybe one day we'll see a Pokemon based on the greatest Japanese monster ever, the Shirime: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdmaysUNQo1ri6oyeo1_400.jpg

RageKaiser posted...
She sounds sexy.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/002/7/9/futakuchi_onna_by_thesexiestoffenders-d4y6mv8.jpg

That's Japan for you.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#105GoGoatPosted 7/4/2013 2:59:55 AM
Socran posted...
Lexifox posted...
LSS_Gogeta posted...
Jeez... Whats next? A note pad?
Looks kinda cool though.. I guess.

You know that Pokemon is Japanese, and Japanese mythology has the belief that objects can become animate or gain a spirit of sorts, right?

Oh god, could you imagine the fanbase's reaction if this became a Pokemon?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnt33g2Zed1ql7gyfo1_500.jpg

People would be crying so hard, despite the fact that it's one of Japan's most iconic monsters. (There was even a Kirby miniboss based on it.)

Their tears would be delicious.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
#106DarkDragon386Posted 7/4/2013 3:21:36 AM
Trailblazer34 posted...
It really looks like a second rate digimon lol

Gotta love these posts of ignorance. That really looks nothing like a Digimon at all.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#107LexifoxPosted 7/4/2013 3:22:06 AM
DarkDragon386 posted...
Trailblazer34 posted...

Gotta love these posts of ignorance. That really looks nothing like a Digimon at all.

Honestly, I just want people to actually explain what the qualifications for "looks like a Digimon" are.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#108DarkDragon386Posted 7/4/2013 3:26:25 AM(edited)
Lexifox posted...
DarkDragon386 posted...
Trailblazer34 posted...

Honestly, I just want people to actually explain what the qualifications for "looks like a Digimon" are.

I know.

The only Pokemon I could see that looks like a Digimon is Scyther and Snimon. Maybe a few others.

I don't think the people saying it actually knows what most Digimon are and just finding a lame, cliche excuse to hate on the new generations.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#109SocranPosted 7/4/2013 3:31:13 AM
Lexifox posted...
DarkDragon386 posted...
Trailblazer34 posted...

Well, at one point in time you could identify them based on art styles... But at this point they both feature several different styles, so that doesn't really work anymore.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#110DarkDragon386Posted 7/4/2013 3:36:48 AM
Socran posted...
Lexifox posted...
DarkDragon386 posted...
Trailblazer34 posted...

Well, at one point in time you could identify them based on art styles... But at this point they both feature several different styles, so that doesn't really work anymore.

Well yeah.

First/Second season Digimon tended to be more grungy looking, more detailed, and more obvious flaws whereas Pokemon tend to be cleaner, less detailed, and overall smoother look.

I'd still say that's true to an extent. But to say a haunted sword looks like a second rate Digimon, I think, is just asinine.
---