This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Monorpale: Like or Dislike?

#41faruwayPosted 7/4/2013 3:07:49 AM
RageKaiser posted...
faruway posted...
Hmmm, by the way, do you guys think there might be a shield counterpart of Monorpale? Like a Shield Pokemon?

It could evolve into a Sword and Shield, maybe being held by ghostly gauntlets or something, and then that could evolve into a Dullahan :p

Ooooh, that would be awesome! But kinda awkward for a sword to evolve into an apparition?
---
Official Insert character here of Kingdom Hearts 3 Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#42fedartzPosted 7/4/2013 3:08:28 AM
faruway posted...
Hmmm, by the way, do you guys think there might be a shield counterpart of Monorpale? Like a Shield Pokemon?

Hmmm... Maybe. Also like the idea of fusing this two Pokemon together in other to evolve.
---
I prefer you talk to me only in Ye Olde Englishe like a good chap because language can never evolve.
#43LightningHawk90(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 3:09:21 AM
faruway posted...
RageKaiser posted...
faruway posted...

It could evolve into a Sword and Shield, maybe being held by ghostly gauntlets or something, and then that could evolve into a Dullahan :p

Ooooh, that would be awesome! But kinda awkward for a sword to evolve into an apparition?

Well the gauntlets could just be the setup for the dullahan. it already has an eye on the sword, maybe the shield could have one too.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#44NessEggmanPosted 7/4/2013 3:09:32 AM
RageKaiser posted...
If they changed it to Steel/Fairy, then it wouldn't have it's near absolute defense typing.

Well, we don't officially know the type chart for Fairy yet.

But I would be OK with it still being a Steel/Ghost Dullahan I guess. I mean that still makes sense too.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#45toink_611Posted 7/4/2013 3:09:34 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#46zeldagamer2123Posted 7/4/2013 3:12:52 AM
I think it has potential to be my new favorite pokemon, excluding legendaries.

So yeah, I like it.
---
3DS FC: 2836-0188-5813 Name: MG2123
#47LexifoxPosted 7/4/2013 3:14:38 AM
Toinkycakes, turn it down. If you want to troll, be subtle. That's the best way to get people angry and frustrated. A good troll has people never sure if he's actually trolling.

NessEggman posted...
I am usually pretty open to new Pokemon ideas. Klink, ok. Ice creams, ok. Giant pile of garbage with a face on it... love it.

But this thing... I just... don't know.

It doesn't look like a Pokemon to me. I like the idea of enchanted/posessed sword or whatever... but... in Pokemon? It makes sense in an RPG with war-torn wastelands and uncleaned battlefields. You know, places where there are swords and the spirits of the dead laying around everywhere. But... there's none of that in Pokemon. I can't even remember seeing a single person use a sword in Pokemon for anything ever. Where are the swords?

Like, there is ice cream in Pokemon. There is trash in Pokemon. We would assume there are gears because there are things that would use gears. Stuff like that.

But swords? Where are they?

I realize some Pokemon have armors. Like Escavalier. But that armor is not a human's armor that somehow BECAME a Pokemon. That armor is the exoskeleton of the critter, that just represents real-world (not Pokemon-world) armor to look cute and give it some personality.

But this thing... is just a sword. That moves around.

Not only that but it just doesn't have that "Pokemon look" to it. And I kinda hate when other people say this, and I've NEVER said it about a Pokemon before, but I'm saying it now. It looks straight out of Spectrobes: Origins. It doesn't look like a Pokemon at all to me.

And I think the sword theme is so unfitting for the Pokemon world. Final Fantasy mob? Sure. Dragon Quest Monsters? Awesome. Any other generic RPG where humans using swords is quite common? Yes! But Pokemon? Where no one has a use for a sword and swords are pretty much unheard of? I just... can't see it.

Now, I'm not saying I won't grow to like it. I didn't really like Probopass at first, and it's my favorite Pokemon now (I just loved Nosepass so much that I didn't want to see ANYTHING happen to it, and an evolution was a something... but Probopass is so great I don't even care about Nosepass much anymore LOL) But I am saying that as of right now, I feel like it fits nowhere in the Pokemon world.

BTW I love Dullahans, and I really hope it evolves into one like people have said. But it really better change to Steel/Fairy if that happens.

The same place they are IRL - kept put away or whatever because no one needs a sword anymore. We have guns. They have Pokemon. Swords, that said, have been used in Pokemon. Besides Swords Dance and the Swords of Justice (with sword-themed attacks), we have access to toy swords for musicals and Sinnoh tells the story of a man who went around with a sword, killing Pokemon with reckless abandon.

RageKaiser posted...
If they changed it to Steel/Fairy, then it wouldn't have it's near absolute defense typing.

The Dullahan is a fairy, so this would make more sense, though.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#48NessEggmanPosted 7/4/2013 3:18:06 AM
Lexi, thanks for those mentions of swords. I still don't feel much like I like it, but I could easily grow to later...

Also, even though it is a fairy in the real word...

We still don't know what "Fairy" means in the Pokemon world... our only evidence right now could easily mean that "Fairy" will mean "cute/girly things." I mean, I hope that's now how they do it, but that's all they've revealed so far...
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#49hyperdimeduckPosted 7/4/2013 3:19:30 AM
its interesting (in a good way)
---
Official Jack Frost of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294
#50radred2004Posted 7/4/2013 3:33:40 AM
"Mono" in Monorpale means one, which could inherently indicate that an evolution with possible multiple swords could come.
---
White: Daisy 1550 0892 3564 Gold: Gold 3268 1023 8138