This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon X/Y should have an unbeatable foe early in the game.

#11KapuxaPosted 7/4/2013 5:44:18 AM
Would like this, don't see it happening tho.
#12hellslingerPosted 7/4/2013 5:48:34 AM
I've seen it so many times in games/movies/books that I just find it dull. So no I wouldn't want it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0nnGT1c.jpg
#13MagmastaPosted 7/4/2013 5:50:05 AM
Zelda, paper mario etc nawwwwww
---
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend
#14TG_WolfPosted 7/4/2013 5:59:17 AM
A pokemon that battles with human-mons, totally OP.
---
Official Madara Uchiha of all ExistenceOfficial Mu of UNS3 Board
Official Saberwulf of the Killer Instinct Board [Furry and Proud of it ^_^]
#15supremeblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 6:12:43 AM
Lexifox posted...
How would this add to the story or improve the experience?

It'll give you a sense that you got much stronger throughout your journey when you defeat the guy in the second confrontation. I think it'd be worth adding, though our opinions may differ on that.
#16LexifoxPosted 7/4/2013 6:19:04 AM
Doesn't going from being some no-name person of indeterminable age who travels the country, defeats the most renown trainers, and ultimately claims the title of most powerful trainer of that land give you the sense that you got stronger?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#17Meta289Posted 7/4/2013 6:19:54 AM
supremeblaster posted...
Lexifox posted...

It'll give you a sense that you got much stronger throughout your journey when you defeat the guy in the second confrontation. I think it'd be worth adding, though our opinions may differ on that.

Thing is, you could very well just powergrind before the battle and take them out.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#18TranquilSeaPosted 7/4/2013 6:21:55 AM
Meta289 posted...
supremeblaster posted...
Lexifox posted...

Thing is, you could very well just powergrind before the battle and take them out.

If the foe was given Pokemon with levels around what you'd expect from an E4 rematch, I don't think power grinding will help.
---
Phaneuf of your lies.
#19supremeblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 6:30:50 AM
Lexifox posted...
Doesn't going from being some no-name person of indeterminable age who travels the country, defeats the most renown trainers, and ultimately claims the title of most powerful trainer of that land give you the sense that you got stronger?

Yes, but this is about adding to the experience.
#20supremeblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 6:33:59 AM
Meta289 posted...
supremeblaster posted...
Lexifox posted...

If this game has the same exp system as B/W, then that wouldn't work, as you when your pokemon get a good amount of levels higher than the wild pokemon, your pokes will start to recieve 0 exp.