This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if they added abilities that gave Pokemon additional STAB?

#1TheZuperHeroPosted 7/4/2013 5:28:40 AM
I know people have argued for/against/about triple type Pokemon for a long time, but what if they subverted that by simply creating abilities that give Pokemon STAB in a type they don't have instead? I feel like it would add a new depth to Skill Swapping and things like Mold Breaker/Gastro Acid/etc. could still keep them in check. What do you guys think?
---
Currently Playing: Project X Zone, Legend of Zelda OoA, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3DS FC: 4167-4549-4028 (Feel free to add, message to be added back!)
#2_Sanaki_Posted 7/4/2013 5:32:39 AM
I'd be all for that. Personally I'd like that to be how they handle third types if they wanted to do something like that, not an entire type, but basically adding aspects of another type on to it.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
#3iKhanicPosted 7/4/2013 5:34:00 AM
Charizard dragon type stab?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#4TheZuperHero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 8:24:12 AM
_Sanaki_ posted...
I'd be all for that. Personally I'd like that to be how they handle third types if they wanted to do something like that, not an entire type, but basically adding aspects of another type on to it.

Exactly. I just feel like it would be the best way to handle it without it becoming too much.
---
Currently Playing: Project X Zone, Legend of Zelda OoA, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3DS FC: 4167-4549-4028 (Feel free to add, message to be added back!)
#5ZTIger5Posted 7/4/2013 8:27:42 AM
I like the sound of that.

One of my ideas is an ability called Halloween that boost the power of Ghost-type attacks for all active pokemon, meant for a Grass/Ghost jack-o-lantern pokemon.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY