This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ghost/Steel=best type

#41Hierarchy225Posted 7/4/2013 4:01:04 PM
Faust_8 posted...
I don't know why people are expecting Levitate when they know how insanely good that would make it.

Dusknoir has no legs and floats, so it must have Levitate right? And what about Milotic? Heck, even Tirtouga floats around.

I'm betting it's not going to have Levitate, or if it does, it will have lackluster stats/movepool to make up for it.

I hope it doesn't have it because if it does have Levitate it's pretty much going to be another Spiritomb. Good typing but held back by shortcomings in other areas. If it is weak to Ground as well, it will be able to actually have some decent stats and moves.

P.S. Wait, its Ability isn't confirmed right?

We're not expecting it, we're hoping for it. Besides even if it doesn't have levitate, air balloon still exists.
---
The Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#42Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 7/4/2013 4:27:25 PM
Faust_8 posted...
Dusknoir has no legs and floats, so it must have Levitate right? And what about Milotic? Heck, even Tirtouga floats around.

sorry, i missed the episode where it was revealed that tirtouga was really gamera
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#43EdwardoMario16Posted 7/4/2013 9:45:39 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
ive explained this before, but ghost/steel would break the game. its too good. offense has no way to get through it. this, in addition to the fairy type, and you are looking at a full on stall tier.

I say thank goodness. Finally Defensive Playstyles can be viable after being obsolete in the increasingly hyper-offensive metagames of past generations. With Fairy-Types (supposedly) shutting down Outrage Spam and now a Ghost/Steel type, it looks like defense/stall is back in play in Pokemon.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#44phoenixflame95Posted 7/4/2013 9:46:36 PM
Levitate would be rather good...
#45AlI_About_The_UPosted 7/4/2013 9:47:13 PM
I prefer Fighting/Ghost.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#46xyno512Posted 7/4/2013 9:50:33 PM
EdwardoMario16 posted...
No Levitate = Weak to Fire and Ground

With Levitate= Only weak to Fire.

Ghost/Steel. The Premier Spinblocker. Immune to Poison/Toxic Spikes. Immune to Fighting. Resistant to Stealth Rock.

Watch it get slapped with bad HP and no recovery.

True, but even so I should be a strong addition to a doubles team.
#47elconoMPosted 7/4/2013 10:20:27 PM
My thoughts

ability- Lightning Rod (By the power of Greyskull!), Justified, Cursed Body

stats- physical swap of Cryogonal, HP is high but low defenses mean another Audino or Lickitung

level up move possibles- no Cut; Fury Cutter, Curse, Block, Reflect Type, Counter, Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Final Gambit, Pain Split, Safeguard, Detect, Metal Claw, Fake Out, Peck, Sucker Punch, Synchronoise (Singing Sword), Memento, Destiny Bond, Doom Desire, Screech, Air Slash

Going to LOL hard if it gets freakin Big Pecks
---
(GMT -7) 3DS FC 5171.9701.9373 - ACNL "Sunrose" town - XBL & Unova
ACNL boards = so fast... threads are nigh proving String Theory
#48GiratinalgaPosted 7/4/2013 10:56:38 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
ive explained this before, but ghost/steel would break the game. its too good. offense has no way to get through it. this, in addition to the fairy type, and you are looking at a full on stall tier.

"Infernape used Overheat!"

Mewtwo

Zoroark used Dark Pulse!

Darkrai

Infernape used Close Combat!

Groudon

Infernape used Grass Knot!

Catching on, yet, Skippy?
---
PSN: julito427 (Hellsing) Currently playing: SSFIV AE, BB:CS2, Pokemon Black, MvC3
SSFIV: Oni, Cody, Yun
#49pokemon2pokerPosted 7/4/2013 11:11:57 PM
What if it has flash fire or thick fat?
---
A+E
#50AysanderPosted 7/4/2013 11:12:14 PM
Honestly, I'll laugh if it has an evolution that has a stat distribution sorta like this:

Hp: 75
Atk: 120
Def: 60
Sp.Atk: 110
Sp.Def: 60
Spd: 120
BST = 545

Imo, 60 base defenses is still pretty good for a type that would defensively wall a greater portion of the types. Standard sweepers would probably need a +1 or +2 to guarantee a OHKO. Combined with great offensive stats and a speed, and possibly a new ghost phys move on par w/ Shadowball, it could be a potential threat, even with fire and ground weaknesses.