This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ghost/Steel=best type

#51SpeedlotPosted 7/5/2013 7:01:17 PM
Hp: 80
Attack: 110
Defense: 90
Sp.Attck: 60
Sp:Defense: 90
Speed:90

BST-20

A physical Ghost/Steel is mediocre in offense great on defense. This will go Uber if in Gen 5.
#52Hierarchy225Posted 7/5/2013 7:05:06 PM
Aysander posted...
Honestly, I'll laugh if it has an evolution that has a stat distribution sorta like this:

Hp: 75
Atk: 120
Def: 60
Sp.Atk: 110
Sp.Def: 60
Spd: 120
BST = 545

Imo, 60 base defenses is still pretty good for a type that would defensively wall a greater portion of the types. Standard sweepers would probably need a +1 or +2 to guarantee a OHKO. Combined with great offensive stats and a speed, and possibly a new ghost phys move on par w/ Shadowball, it could be a potential threat, even with fire and ground weaknesses.

Good Lord. Its stronger than a lot of legendaries.
---
The Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#53SoleEaterPosted 7/5/2013 7:11:00 PM
BurningFlareX posted...
Dark / Ghost is the best type. The problem is that both Pokemon of that type aren't super strong.

Right.

People act like just because this Pokemon has a type with a lot of resistances/few weaknesses, it's automatically good. They know nothing else about it.
---
Yes, my name is supposed to be "SoleEater" and not "Soul Eater".
http://www.hatclub.com/media/catalog/category/PLAY_CLOTHS.png
#54JarickoPosted 7/5/2013 7:13:08 PM
SoleEater posted...
BurningFlareX posted...
Dark / Ghost is the best type. The problem is that both Pokemon of that type aren't super strong.

Right.

People act like just because this Pokemon has a type with a lot of resistances/few weaknesses, it's automatically good. They know nothing else about it.

I would wagger its gonna be another dialga case. Where it has an incredible typing and horrible defensive stats but the typing completely invalidates that fact. I expect bulky because its a steel type, that is kinda their thing a good majority of the time, that does not mean they have to wall things entirely.

Also hoping for light screen and reflect as low odds as that is, it would give that pokemon one hell of a niche.
---
2766-8059-8176 Friend Code. Feel free to add me, Inbox me if you do though.
#55VengefulShoePosted 7/5/2013 7:21:40 PM
SoleEater posted...
BurningFlareX posted...

Right.

This is due to the fact that if it has any sort of recovery (as most Ghost-types do), the combination of its resistances and immunities will make it very hard to uproot. I mean, its resistant/immune to 2/3 entry hazards, and is immune to Toxic. Even if it has terrible defensive stats, it will still rank as a very effective sweeper if it's offensive stats are even remotely decent since we know it gets Swords Dance.
---
GT: VengefulShoe
"Shade comes from reading; reading came first. Reading is the real art form of insults." ------ Dorian Corey
#56SoleEaterPosted 7/5/2013 7:23:27 PM
Jaricko posted...
SoleEater posted...
BurningFlareX posted...

Right.

I would wagger its gonna be another dialga case. Where it has an incredible typing and horrible defensive stats but the typing completely invalidates that fact. I expect bulky because its a steel type, that is kinda their thing a good majority of the time, that does not mean they have to wall things entirely.

Also hoping for light screen and reflect as low odds as that is, it would give that pokemon one hell of a niche.

Dialga doesn't have horrible Defensive stats.
---
Yes, my name is supposed to be "SoleEater" and not "Soul Eater".
http://www.hatclub.com/media/catalog/category/PLAY_CLOTHS.png
#57ZTIger5Posted 7/5/2013 7:24:55 PM
Aysander posted...
Honestly, I'll laugh if it has an evolution that has a stat distribution sorta like this:

Hp: 75
Atk: 120
Def: 60
Sp.Atk: 110
Sp.Def: 60
Spd: 120
BST = 545

I have my doubts its Sp.Att will be that high, though the rest of it is quite plausible and along my line of thinking.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#58JarickoPosted 7/5/2013 7:26:25 PM
VengefulShoe posted...
SoleEater posted...
BurningFlareX posted...

Right.

This is due to the fact that if it has any sort of recovery (as most Ghost-types do), the combination of its resistances and immunities will make it very hard to uproot. I mean, its resistant/immune to 2/3 entry hazards, and is immune to Toxic. Even if it has terrible defensive stats, it will still rank as a very effective sweeper if it's offensive stats are even remotely decent since we know it gets Swords Dance.

The worst they could do it it basically is make it another escavalier. Great defenses, high attack but terrible speed and terrible move pool to not make use of its stats. Even if the sword had good stats if it has a terrible move pool, its dead in the water. Steel types tend to get a lot of the same sorts of moves, as do ghosts. I cannot think of much in the way of physical stab for him to have so he might be lacking there and we know steel stab is not that incredible.

So this is a very real possibility. However it has ghost typing meaning its likely to get support moves too. And recovery.
---
2766-8059-8176 Friend Code. Feel free to add me, Inbox me if you do though.