This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If that sword has Levitate...

#11Hierarchy225Posted 7/4/2013 10:50:25 AM
Luigi player posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
Those people would be idiots.

Dark/Ghost 2 immunities(normal, and psychic), 1 resistance(poison), and possibly a weakness to fairy verses..

You're forgetting it's immunity to fighting.

Ah you're right. Fixed.
---
The Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#12SkylaIsMyWifePosted 7/4/2013 10:51:36 AM
I wasn't referring to extremespeed. But imagine a situation where your steel type outspeeds the opponent, but on its last HP, and the pokemon happens to have extremespeed and uses it and defeats you. This guy won't worry about it.
---
You with a mud duck while i'm swimming with a Swanna 8D
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png
#13pectus_umbraPosted 7/4/2013 10:52:05 AM
Luigi player posted...
x2: Fire, Ground
x1: Water, Ghost, Dark, Electric
x0.5: Rock, Steel, Psychic, Grass, Dragon, Ice, Flying
x0.25: Bug
x0: Normal, Fighting, Poison

Doesn't look that great actually. It would definitely need Heat Proof or Levitate for it to be the amazing defensive thing we want it to be, unless it has amazing stats.

Almost all Steel(& something) types have such good looking resistances, and they aren't that great defensively...

Even if they aren't straight tanks, a lot of them are pretty infamous. Lucario, Jirachi, Heatran, Scizor, Ferrothorn most recently, and he's one of the few that's a consistant straight tank, while probably being a bit weaker on the resistance front than the others.

Skarmory, Bronzong.Excadrill. There's been a bunch of dual steel with weaker resistances that see play. As long as they don't load it down with really bad stats or a move-pool puddle, it should do just fine.
---
Tired of photobucket and imageshack? Ask me about dropbox.
#14scrappybristolPosted 7/4/2013 10:52:10 AM
Good thing Mold Breaker is a thing.
---
Blue skidoo, we can too!
#15Luigi playerPosted 7/4/2013 11:02:31 AM
pectus_umbra posted...
Even if they aren't straight tanks, a lot of them are pretty infamous. Lucario, Jirachi, Heatran, Scizor, Ferrothorn most recently, and he's one of the few that's a consistant straight tank, while probably being a bit weaker on the resistance front than the others.

Skarmory, Bronzong.Excadrill. There's been a bunch of dual steel with weaker resistances that see play. As long as they don't load it down with really bad stats or a move-pool puddle, it should do just fine.

Skarmory and Bronzong aren't weak to EQ (with Bronzong it can be a guessing game too). And Excadrill has the amazing Attack and Speed to work with, but it's not that great defensively.

Lucario sucks defensively (dies in one hit unless focus sash).

Jirachi has amazing stats (very defensively, and offense isn't bad either). It also has Serene Grace. Without that it would be WAY worse, but still good, because of it's good stats.

Heatran. Immunity to burn/fire and toxic. It needs to watch out for Fighting and more importantly ground attacks, but it has good stats and can use an air balloon to work around that ground weakness. It doesn't seem like much, but most Pokemon that want to KO it with a ground move don't want to switch in on it and then have to use a other move first... Heatran is really strong and can also cause burns with Lava Plume. So it's hard to deal with.

Scizor only has one weakness and good defense. Ferrothorn has amazing defensive stats, but it still gets wrecked by fire moves.

Like I said, if it wants to be a great wall, it needs amazing stats or at least Heat Proof/Levitate.
If you're not talking about it's defensive walling capabilities then we're talking about something completely else.
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#16Hierarchy225Posted 7/4/2013 11:17:12 AM
Monorpales name in japaneses apparently means "one chink in armor". Levitation confirmed?
---
#17scrappybristolPosted 7/4/2013 11:18:40 AM
Hierarchy225 posted...
Monorpales name in japaneses apparently means "one chink in armor". Levitation confirmed?

That's racists.
---
Blue skidoo, we can too!
#18Hierarchy225Posted 7/4/2013 11:20:45 AM
scrappybristol posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...

That's racists.

Oh shush.
---
#19LeoAlephPosted 7/5/2013 10:44:14 PM
The thing'll be a beast! If it doesn't, but somehow can learn Magnet Rise, it'll be a pain in the arse...!!