This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy is great, but how much does it actually help?

#31KryptoPyro13Posted 7/5/2013 5:32:16 PM
SpinKirby posted...
GalladetheGreat posted...
SpinKirby posted...
Maybe I should graph the poll results using statistics...?

Or just turn your head sideways.

Boom, instant bar graph.

Mind = Blown

Or you can assign a numerical value to each option and find the mean.
---
"I expected disappointment. In that regard, I was not disappointed."
Official Husband of Gregor of the FE:A boards.
#32SpinKirby(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 5:53:54 PM
KryptoPyro13 posted...
SpinKirby posted...
GalladetheGreat posted...
SpinKirby posted...
Maybe I should graph the poll results using statistics...?

Or just turn your head sideways.

Boom, instant bar graph.

Mind = Blown

Or you can assign a numerical value to each option and find the mean.

Then Z-score!!!!
#33SuikuPosted 7/5/2013 6:04:41 PM
To think about it, salamence was banned in third gen to ubers, garchomp was banned in fourth gen to ubers, so i think yes, it was needed
---
>> Poke-Lover <<
English is not my first language, my grammar SUX, just lettin' you know
#34pokemonfreak97Posted 7/5/2013 6:10:46 PM
The biggest effect Fairy could possibly have is if it is immune to Dragon-type moves, Physical Dragon-types will become inherently inferior to Special Dragon-types, because Outrage is no longer a move you can safely use. It's just like Thrash isn't used that much, but Petal Dance has use about halfway between Thrash (AKA none) and Outrage (AKA as much as possible) because nothing is immune to Grass, but a lot of stuff resists it.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#35SpinKirby(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 6:19:59 PM
Suiku posted...
To think about it, salamence was banned in third gen to ubers, garchomp was banned in fourth gen to ubers, so i think yes, it was needed

That's just Smogon!
#36SpinKirby(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 10:24:38 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
The biggest effect Fairy could possibly have is if it is immune to Dragon-type moves, Physical Dragon-types will become inherently inferior to Special Dragon-types, because Outrage is no longer a move you can safely use. It's just like Thrash isn't used that much, but Petal Dance has use about halfway between Thrash (AKA none) and Outrage (AKA as much as possible) because nothing is immune to Grass, but a lot of stuff resists it.

Yeah, so that's why I say Fairy type was almost just an Outrage nerf.
#37SpikeTbearPosted 7/6/2013 1:07:26 PM
Either Fairy will be the answer to the OP Dragons, or GF will screw it up and spread Fairy attacks around to many non-Fairy types. This is the same problem that the Ice type has.

If Gamefreak is truly trying to balance out the type interactivity, then making Fairy strong against Dragon and immune to it isn't enough. In order to help bring Ice types from the depths of suckdom (a few are good already), they should probably also give Ice types a resistance to Dragon moves. They also shouldn't spread Ice attacks around to every other Pokemon, which might convince some people to actually use Ice types instead of just their moves. It would also help if Hail gave Ice a defense boost.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#38FuneralCakePosted 7/6/2013 1:10:53 PM
It's kind of difficult to say how much it will help when we don't know all the Fairy type Pokemon, all the Fairy type moves, etc.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i don't want to do things. i want to not do things.
#39SpinKirby(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 10:23:25 AM
FuneralCake posted...
It's kind of difficult to say how much it will help when we don't know all the Fairy type Pokemon, all the Fairy type moves, etc.

Well isn't that part of the guessing?
#40bd43Posted 7/7/2013 10:48:33 AM(edited)
Fairy should actually be decent if rumors are true, so it's introduction has a minor effect.

But steel, weather, water, and Stealth Rocks still have the sway and the Fairy type likely didn't change enough good pokemon yet.

EDIT: And if rumors are true and fairy type atyacks are spread around, a few pokemon could find a viable attack.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.