This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dear genwunners

#1LegendofDarkraiPosted 7/4/2013 1:37:17 PM
Okay, we've got a new sword Pokemon and it's freaking awesome. But genwunners is all "a sword? What were they thinking? And lame design! Pokemon is out of ideas!". So, for those who say "Pokemon is out of ideas" Let me introduce genwuns creativity:

Voltorb - the pokéboll
Electrode - the slightly bigger pokéboll upside-down
Dugtrio - three Digletts
Magneton - three Magnemites
Geodude - The rock. Good name btw...
Exeggcute - the eggs.

Don't get me wrong, love gen 1, but stop the freaking hate...
---
Specter of shadows, Ruler of the darkened moon, Uncontrollable ~Darkrai
#2GuerillaGorillaPosted 7/4/2013 1:38:32 PM
Times change. The standards back then are not the same standards today.
---
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: 0748-1993-0631
#3LegendofDarkrai(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 1:44:03 PM
Angry bump
---
Specter of shadows, Ruler of the darkened moon, Uncontrollable ~Darkrai
#4PhimNujinPosted 7/4/2013 1:44:10 PM
All those pokemon you listed sucks including the new sword pokemon. Just because someone doesn't like a new pokemon doesn't mean they're "genwunners," if the new design sucks then it sucks. No one is saying the old designs are better because they're not. You people label everyone a genwunne4 because we don't like a new pokemon that's obvious GF didn't try hard with at all. The designs are suppose to get better but that new sword is freaking lame. Looks like a fodder enemy from a Zelda game.
#5Rydis-ShikoPosted 7/4/2013 1:46:25 PM
us gentuwers dont like them either
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#6iKhanicPosted 7/4/2013 1:55:30 PM
LegendofDarkrai posted...
Okay, we've got a new sword Pokemon and it's freaking awesome. But genwunners is all "a sword? What were they thinking? And lame design! Pokemon is out of ideas!". So, for those who say "Pokemon is out of ideas" Let me introduce genwuns creativity:

Voltorb - the pokéboll
Electrode - the slightly bigger pokéboll upside-down
Dugtrio - three Digletts
Magneton - three Magnemites
Geodude - The rock. Good name btw...
Exeggcute - the eggs.

Don't get me wrong, love gen 1, but stop the freaking hate...

I hate when people poke fun at this as if not having a super complex and original design is a bad thing. I like every single one of those pokemon, and I like other pokemon like Chandelure as well.

That said, I don't think Monorpale is particularly exciting. I don't hate it and I don't like it. It's just in the middle somewhere.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#7GangstaLizard95Posted 7/4/2013 1:57:07 PM
PhimNujin posted...
All those pokemon you listed sucks including the new sword pokemon. Just because someone doesn't like a new pokemon doesn't mean they're "genwunners," if the new design sucks then it sucks. No one is saying the old designs are better because they're not. You people label everyone a genwunne4 because we don't like a new pokemon that's obvious GF didn't try hard with at all. The designs are suppose to get better but that new sword is freaking lame. Looks like a fodder enemy from a Zelda game.

It's fitting because its based on a possessed sword, Hence the Ghost typing.
#8scraadinPosted 7/4/2013 1:57:24 PM
To criticize Voltorb and Electrode's designs like this is to completely miss the big picture.

They're Pokemon's answer to Mimics.
---
The answer to "Why not?" is always Wobbuffet.
#9XWolfOPosted 7/4/2013 2:05:50 PM
GuerillaGorilla posted...
Times change. The standards back then are not the same standards today.

Yeah, people expect unreasonable things these days, not to mention they have horrible taste and they don't even know what they really want anymore. And a lot of people these days suffer from nostalgia blindness making their standards really silly.
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.
#10SpinKirbyPosted 7/4/2013 2:08:43 PM
I think you mean thugtrio is made up of three ***lets.