This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Masuda's Message Translated

#1AccrovideogamesPosted 7/4/2013 3:32:23 PM(edited)
Being French speaking, I decided to take the time to translate his message in English for you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUYEfV4Q6xg

It's the first simultaneous global release for a Pokémon game, this means that people will start doing battles and trades at the same moment! I'm very excited at the idea to see this! Anyway, I recorded this message destined for the Nintendo stand of the Japan Expo in Paris to reveal a certain amount of information on Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

The action of the games will take place in Kalos, which is in reality inspired by France. I decided that one of the themes of the game would be beauty. While I was thinking about the place that better corresponded to this, one country came to my mind: the country that would be the most visited by tourists; the country of fashion and culinary sophistication; the country of linguistic refinement... France! By the way, Kalos is from ancient Greek and means "beauty".

The first time I went to France, it was in 2000, for the release of the first Pokémon movie. 10 years later, in 2010, I came back alone for a trip lasting a month after the end of the project Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version. I went to Paris, Avignon, Arles, Marseilles, Nice, Čze, Mont-Saint-Michel, the Palace of Versailles and the Châteaux of the Loire Valley. I found that everything was beautiful. Then, in 2011, new trip, serious and with all the team this time, to collect materials for work.

Illumis, the central city of Kalos, is inspired by Paris. Obviously, the entire team went there to make researches. The heart of France, it's really Paris! So we included Parisian elements everywhere. Of course, we didn't limit ourselves to Paris! We also took inspiration from Lyon and Reims, among others. Look carefully at the map of Kalos. All the way to the left, you should see some sorts of aligned rocks. I got the idea from Carnac. From Japan, it was impossible to find informations on the alignment of this city, so I went there with a guide.

During the trip, we were accompanied by two members of the French localization team for the game, so there wasn't any linguistic problem. But many times, I've been asked: "Aren't you Monsieur Masuda of Game Freak?" and I told myself "Crap, they're going to know that the game is based on France!" Warning: it's not because Kalos is inspired by France that it's a reproduction of reality. We created a new world, and I hope that it will please you.

There is obviously going to be a lot of new Pokémon in this region. Twenty have already been presented. Now that I'm at it, I will reveal one more for you. Its French name is Monorpale, its Japanese name Hitotsuki. This Pokémon of the Steel/Ghost type presents itself under the form of a sword containing an antique soul. There are only three months remaining before the release of the games. In order to not reveal everything and that everyone can discover what they have to offer in October, I will stop here. Hold your breath!

Oh yes, before I forget, one last little thing. The Pokémon Amie! It's a new feature we've worked a lot on. I hope that it will please you. Personally, I love tickling my Pikachu. On this note, good bye everyone!
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#2Noctus3Posted 7/4/2013 3:26:57 PM
Thanks, TC!
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#3SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 7/4/2013 3:27:35 PM
Accrovideogames posted...
Personally, I love tickling my Pikachu.

#4javel34Posted 7/4/2013 3:30:42 PM
Hold your breath

Masuda wants to us to die confirmed.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#5FryDays5000Posted 7/4/2013 3:40:46 PM
javel34 posted...
Hold your breath

You realize we can breath through our noses right?
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076
#6Accrovideogames(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 3:41:47 PM(edited)
javel34 posted...
Hold your breath

That's an expression meaning to subdue your excitement while you wait for something special to happen. The exact same expression exists in French so all I had to do was to make a direct translation.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#7scrappybristolPosted 7/4/2013 3:41:48 PM
Hm, very nice. May not be any big reveals but I like what he had to say.

Thanks TC.
---
Blue skidoo, we can too!
#8javel34Posted 7/4/2013 3:43:12 PM
FryDays5000 posted...
javel34 posted...
Hold your breath

You realize we can breath through our noses right?

Then you wouldn't be holding your breath and pokegod masuda will find you and will kill you.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#9SolarStriderPosted 7/4/2013 3:44:06 PM
Accrovideogames posted...
In order to not reveal everything and that everyone can discover what they have to offer in October, I will stop here.

Well, crap.
---
SonOfJrAK
#10Thepenguinking2Posted 7/4/2013 3:44:19 PM
javel34 posted...
Hold your breath

XD
---
Mentions of Zangoose since 6/27/2013 as of this post: 21
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board!