This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

26 pokemon in g/s/c were inanimate objects

#21TaticalWarriorPosted 7/4/2013 4:48:43 PM
Lexifox posted...
Not just Unown. We also have Delibird, Wobbuffet, and Smeargle.

Then we have several Pokemon that are introduced almost seemingly for the simple fact that they need to show off new mechanics, but aren't actually very good besides that. The baby Pokemon, Togepi as a two-fer, Aipom...

Togepi as a what, and Aipom?
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#22LexifoxPosted 7/4/2013 4:48:54 PM
iKhanic posted...
Lexifox posted...
If you like Pokemon that evolve, then you should be bothered by how Gen 2 had so many Pokemon that never evolved.

I didn't say I like pokemon who evolve, I was explaining what the point of baby pokemon is in the first place. Personally, I'm a little bothered but it's not that big a deal for me.

Except that every baby Pokemon except Togepi is the baby form of an existing Pokemon. They were there to show off a new mechanic.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#23LexifoxPosted 7/4/2013 4:49:45 PM
TaticalWarrior posted...
Lexifox posted...

Then we have several Pokemon that are introduced almost seemingly for the simple fact that they need to show off new mechanics, but aren't actually very good besides that. The baby Pokemon, Togepi as a two-fer, Aipom...

I feel Togepi and Aipom are there as examples of Pokemon that are weak, and exist purely to show off a new Mechanic. Togepi is a baby (eggs) and evolves via happiness, while Aipom is there for Headbutt trees.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#24harle1012000Posted 7/4/2013 4:56:00 PM
_Shadownite_ posted...
Yami_Wheeler posted...
I hate Voltorb and Electrode.

One of the laziest Pokemon designs and executions in the game.

Fixed that for you.

That's a funny way to say Ditto, Wingull, Pelipper
---
If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, be sure to check the enclosed instruction book
#25CM_PonchPosted 7/4/2013 4:57:28 PM
The only bad design I can think of from Gen 2 is the Feraligatr line and Tyrogue

I'll give you Croconaw, but Totodile and Feraligatr? Seriously?
---
http://i.minus.com/iMiDLgXxPQ0kY.gif
#26TaticalWarriorPosted 7/4/2013 5:02:07 PM
Lexifox posted...
TaticalWarrior posted...
Lexifox posted...

I feel Togepi and Aipom are there as examples of Pokemon that are weak, and exist purely to show off a new Mechanic. Togepi is a baby (eggs) and evolves via happiness, while Aipom is there for Headbutt trees.

Alright about Togepi, but why Aipom for headbutts?
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#27LexifoxPosted 7/4/2013 5:04:35 PM
Aipom, Pineco, and Heracross were the "Headbutt tree exclusive" Pokemon.
---
#28JakeisaLiePosted 7/4/2013 5:05:08 PM
I really like Unown, I just wish they actually did something creative with it, like perhaps make each form able to learn every move starting with its letter, instead of leaving it as one of the suckiest pokemon to date
---
http://wallbot.net/walls/preview/1841.jpeg
Official Rotom of the X/Y boards
#29ClassyOldHatPosted 7/4/2013 6:00:32 PM
Lexifox posted...
Aipom, Pineco, and Heracross were the "Headbutt tree exclusive" Pokemon.

Lexifox, I know generation 2 disappointed you, but could you please stop pretending that it was the only generation to do (insert thing you hate here)?

I mean just look at generation one for a second here:

Farfetch'd, Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan, Mr. Mime, Jynx, (Trading gimmicks, worthless in battle, or inferior compared to alternatives of the same type.)
Porygon (Game Corner Gimmick, useless in battle)
Ditto (One trick pony, worthless in battle.)
And if Pineco and Heracross are "gimmicks" for requiring you to search in unusual ways, then so are Chansey, Scyther, Pinsir, Tauros, and Kangaskan, (Safari gimmicks, as with headbutt, variying usefulness.)
Snorlax (Used as a broken bridge in-story.)

And I've only limited myself to the gen 1 gimmicks that don't evolve.
#30PrinceChickadeePosted 7/4/2013 6:01:20 PM
javel34 posted...
The alphabet is not an inanimate object.

But it's not an animate object either now is it?
---
RENEWED HUSBAND OF ARIASPLASH!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/RainbowHairedOwain