This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what if; with every new gen pokemon had received stats/type/move pool balancing?

#1paiprPosted 7/4/2013 8:28:55 PM
what if with every new gen pokemon got a major re-balancing with new and old pokemon to their stats, move pools, and types to better balance all pokemon?

how might things differ? what would you hope would happen?

and to save us many many posts of this ill start of with flareon getting flareblitz (and v-create for good measure)
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646
#2FuneralCakePosted 7/4/2013 8:31:59 PM
All Pokemon don't need to be balanced. Wigglytuff doesn't need to be on the same level as Scizor. Heracross doesn't need to be on the same level as Delibird. Et cetera.

So I would hate Game Freak if they did that.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i don't want to do things. i want to not do things.
#3javel34Posted 7/4/2013 8:33:53 PM
FuneralCake posted...
All Pokemon don't need to be balanced. Wigglytuff doesn't need to be on the same level as Scizor. Heracross doesn't need to be on the same level as Delibird. Et cetera.

That's not fair. It's not heracross fault that delibird is superior.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#4scrappybristolPosted 7/4/2013 8:34:20 PM
FuneralCake posted...
I would hate Game Freak if they did that.

---
Blue skidoo, we can too!
#5paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 8:36:10 PM
FuneralCake posted...

not all need to be balanced but many could use an upgrade, and if it had happened from gen to gen, we might see a different landscape when it comes to competitive pokemon and what not. plus old favorites might get fun boosts, while those that are tired and over-powered could find themselves knocked down a notch.
---
#6gladwyn101Posted 7/4/2013 8:39:02 PM
All Pokemon should be usable competitively, so people can use their favorites. That's not to say that all Pokemon should be equal in power, but some people just don't want to use high-tier Pokemon because they don't like them, therefore they are stigmatized in online gameplay.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#7The_Undying_84Posted 7/4/2013 8:47:04 PM
Eh, I think it wouldn't be a problem if the types were balanced. Something like defensive Ice Pokemon could use rebalancing, but a better solution would be to make Ice not awful at defense.

Also, if a Gen 1-3 Pokemon's stats were designed around their type's damage (IE Special/Physical) but those stats don't really fit the pokemon since the split, then I think they should change that. However no particularly good examples come to mind since they largely designed Pokemon without worrying about that in the first place, for example Kingler is, and should be, physical despite being an originally special type.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#8The Rogue CobraPosted 7/4/2013 8:47:08 PM
I'd enjoy it greatly. Then we wouldn't get situations where they make a new mon simply to make up for an old one's "failures". Some of the old mons are also only missing better stats to actually be a threat.

Course, they'd find a way to continue to screw over Flareon but, it is what it is.
---
It takes more than a costume and an attitude to do this work. - Batman
I'm crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS, NOOOOO thank you! - The Joker
#9paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 5:30:39 AM
The_Undying_84 posted...
Eh, I think it wouldn't be a problem if the types were balanced. Something like defensive Ice Pokemon could use rebalancing, but a better solution would be to make Ice not awful at defense.

Also, if a Gen 1-3 Pokemon's stats were designed around their type's damage (IE Special/Physical) but those stats don't really fit the pokemon since the split, then I think they should change that. However no particularly good examples come to mind since they largely designed Pokemon without worrying about that in the first place, for example Kingler is, and should be, physical despite being an originally special type.

Sceptile perfectly fits what your describing.
---
#10LightningAce11Posted 7/5/2013 5:33:19 AM
scrappybristol posted...
FuneralCake posted...
I would hate Game Freak if they did that.

It's unnecessary and stupid. If you want to use your favourites, use them. No one is stopping you. If it is something like butterfree or magikarp, you have to be really good to pull it off.
---
Pokemon red and blue suck.