This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what if; with every new gen pokemon had received stats/type/move pool balancing?

#11paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 5:45:07 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
scrappybristol posted...
FuneralCake posted...
I would hate Game Freak if they did that.

It's unnecessary and stupid. If you want to use your favourites, use them. No one is stopping you. If it is something like butterfree or magikarp, you have to be really good to pull it off.

But thats not really the case some stuff is so out classed and under powered (even when fully evolved) that it doesnt matter how good you are it wont make it. Seems like an unfair punishment to those that dont like the pokemon that have huge stat spreads and move pools.

Mean its one thing when a weakness helps balance alot of pros, its another when it causes cons to be all the more glaring.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646
#12iKhanicPosted 7/5/2013 5:47:25 AM
So Charizard with better speed and Sp. atk????
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#13BadDecisionsPosted 7/5/2013 5:55:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#14RollerBobPosted 7/5/2013 5:59:40 AM
Why would people HATE equally balanced Pokémons that aren't Legendary status?

That would actually be beneficial if every final-staged Pokémons would be balanced. There would be no more tiers and more players selecting Pokémons according to their tastes than their stats.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#15MrFingers07Posted 7/5/2013 6:08:59 AM
You simply cannot balance all those Pokemon
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#16XazealPosted 7/5/2013 6:18:35 AM
300+ fully evolved forms simply can not be balanced. There are too many variables in play - stats, typing, movepool, ability - to make sure every single Pokemon is competitively viable while still being different. They would each have to fulfill a different role in order to not be overshadowed by any other Pokemon, and with so many Pokemon, it just won't happen.