This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any other reformed genwunners on this board?

#1iKhanicPosted 7/5/2013 9:20:37 AM
I used to be a really bad genwunner before this game was announced. I used to literally hate on every design that wasn't from Gen 1 or 2, and I didn't even have a clear opinion on which of those was better. Then this game was announced and since I've wanted Pokemon to go 3D for a long time, I decided to try the series out again. And as I tried out the Gen 5 games, played on PO/Showdown, and saw more newer pokemon, I stopped.

Anyone else who used to be a genwunner?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2fedartzPosted 7/5/2013 9:21:48 AM
I'm new here. What is Genwunner?
---
I prefer you talk to me only in Ye Olde Englishe like a good chap because language can never evolve.
#3GATTJTPosted 7/5/2013 9:24:39 AM

Someone who thinks that Gen 1 is the only good gen and every other gen(with the possible exception of gen 2) is awful.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#4fedartzPosted 7/5/2013 9:29:54 AM
GATTJT posted...

Someone who thinks that Gen 1 is the only good gen and every other gen(with the possible exception of gen 2) is awful.

Man thats awful, I like gen 3 the best because Its the first time I played Emerald.I have many clones of Mewtwo and rare candies due to that Battle Tower glitch.
---
I prefer you talk to me only in Ye Olde Englishe like a good chap because language can never evolve.
#5CM_PonchPosted 7/5/2013 9:33:31 AM
This explains so much
---
http://i.minus.com/iMiDLgXxPQ0kY.gif
#6X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/5/2013 9:34:58 AM
I would say I was a "Genwunner" because I liked Gen I, really liked Gen II, hated Gen III, thought Gen IV was okay but not awesome, but really really liked Gen V as much as Gen I and Gen II so I guess Gen V changed me?
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#7iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 9:38:08 AM(edited)
CM_Ponch posted...
This explains so much

Still, Gen 5 was definitely disappointing. Not because of the pokemon or the mechanics, but because of the weak level and world design, something I weigh more heavily than other fans.

Also, I've mentioned this before. Idk why it's surprising.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#8TyranidomegaPosted 7/5/2013 9:40:12 AM
iKhanic posted...
I used to be a really bad genwunner before this game was announced. I used to literally hate on every design that wasn't from Gen 1 or 2, and I didn't even have a clear opinion on which of those was better. Then this game was announced and since I've wanted Pokemon to go 3D for a long time, I decided to try the series out again. And as I tried out the Gen 5 games, played on PO/Showdown, and saw more newer pokemon, I stopped.

Anyone else who used to be a genwunner?

Did you ever make topics on how better Gen 1 is and anything from the new Gens were inferior?
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#9X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/5/2013 9:40:13 AM
iKhanic posted...
CM_Ponch posted...
This explains so much

Still, Gen 5 was definitely disappointing. Not because of the pokemon or the mechanics, but because of the weak level and world design, something I weigh more heavily than other fans.

Also, I've mentioned this before. Idk why it's surprising.

I say you're still a Genwunner then because you got those goggles on way too tight that you're unable to see.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#10MrFingers07Posted 7/5/2013 9:41:47 AM
I know this is off topic but this is why I don't dislike any Pokemon, using tons of Pokemon in different tiers and you get to like Pokemon that you previously "hated". I feel if people would at least use their hated Pokemon for at least one run (whether you are using it on a competitive team or using it for in-game purposes) then I believe most people will then learn to like that Pokemon more.

I know people say that liking a Pokemon due to how well it can perform competitively is silly (and I can see why people think that) but I also find it silly to hate on a Pokemon due to its design (I know people are going to argue about this), just try it out. You might like it and it's better to like something than hate on it, at least in my book.
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf