This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you like cosmetic effects like these to exist?

#1hereforemnantPosted 7/5/2013 10:52:38 AM(edited)
I'm playing Pokemon Colosseum on the side right now, and something occurred to me that could make Pokemon X & Y pretty interesting in a way, in the view of special cosmetic effects, or just all-around interesting reactions, that would happen to a Pokemon if affected by a certain move or attack.

I had examples...But reading something on the Project X Zone board made it skip my mind completely, so i'll use a simple one that i remember to start, hopefully someone get's what i'm hinting at.

Let's say you're using an Electric type Pokemon in a battle against a Nosepass in battle, Nosepass being a Rock and such type but having the ability to be drawn by magnetic fields like a sort of compass could make him have an interesting reaction to electricity. So if say you used Thunderbolt on him, a special reaction would take place were his nose would react to it, and a special effect in the way of lowering his accuracy because the electricity drew his nose towards where the attack landed happened, distracting and throwing him off.

There's many more interesting side-effects that could happen with other Pokemon, so i'll post this in the hopes that someone picks up on what i'm thinking and discusses it, meanwhile i'll be playing Colosseum more to get some other, possibly better, examples.
---
Senator Armstrong for President 2016
3DS Friend Code: FC: 0318-7199-1150
#2EnferolunosPosted 7/5/2013 10:45:06 AM
I don't think you know what "cosmetic" means
And I don't like the idea
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3hereforemnant(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 10:48:45 AM
Enferolunos posted...

Cosmetic: The design or layout of an article of clothing, object, or any number of devices at the outer physical level that shows traits or patterns specific to the object in question

I don't have any good ideas right now dammit cause talk at the other board distracted me.
---
#4Redstreak42Posted 7/5/2013 10:49:37 AM
Yeah...changing stats in a battle is pretty much the exact opposite of cosmetic. Not a terrible idea to show pokemon reacting to moves differently, but actually impacting the battle is too much.
#5NewbieN00bPosted 7/5/2013 10:50:34 AM
That doesn't sound cosmetic to me...
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#6hereforemnant(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 10:52:06 AM
Redstreak42 posted...
Yeah...changing stats in a battle is pretty much the exact opposite of cosmetic. Not a terrible idea to show pokemon reacting to moves differently, but actually impacting the battle is too much.

Quoted from my post: "in the view of special cosmetic effects, or just all-around interesting reactions"

It's still in the trial phase of course, this idea just happened upon me like 20 minutes ago.
---
#7EnferolunosPosted 7/5/2013 10:53:01 AM
hereforemnant posted...
Enferolunos posted...

Cosmetic: The design or layout of an article of clothing, object, or any number of devices at the outer physical level that shows traits or patterns specific to the object in question

I don't have any good ideas right now dammit cause talk at the other board distracted me.

Cosmetic means it only has to do with appearance, and has no functionality. You described some functionality. That automatically makes it not cosmetic.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
#8hereforemnant(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 10:56:01 AM
Enferolunos posted...
hereforemnant posted...
Enferolunos posted...

Cosmetic means it only has to do with appearance, and has no functionality. You described some functionality. That automatically makes it not cosmetic.

I actually specifically took functionality out of the post because it had relation to the comfortableness and effectiveness of clothing or otherwise, traits may relate to that, but the patterns on something doesn't, so could you please address the OP instead of arguing with me about this?
---
#9EnferolunosPosted 7/5/2013 10:57:17 AM
hereforemnant posted...
Enferolunos posted...
hereforemnant posted...
Enferolunos posted...

I actually specifically took functionality out of the post because it had relation to the comfortableness and effectiveness of clothing or otherwise, traits may relate to that, but the patterns on something doesn't, so could you please address the OP instead of arguing with me about this?

I did address the OP.
"I don't like the idea"
---
#10Meta289Posted 7/5/2013 10:58:40 AM
Cosmetic effects are entirely visual. You said that using Thunderbolt on Nosepass would affect its accuracy, which would not make it a cosmetic effect.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.