This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's stupid that Serebii and Bulbapedia didn't give a Fairy typing to...

#1AccrovideogamesPosted 7/5/2013 10:51:55 AM(edited)
Azumarill and Wigglytuff. I can understand for Igglybuff and Azurill, especially Azurill, but come on! It's pretty obvious that they're Water/Fairy and Normal/Fairy respectively. Do they really need Game Freak to tell them the obvious?

Serebii should also include Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Gallade, Rhyhorn, Rhydon and Rhyperior in the Kalos PokÚdex. It's pretty obvious that every old PokÚmon who were retconned to Fairy will be featured in the regional PokÚdex. As for the last three, Rhyhorn can be seen in the front yard to the player's house and it was confirmed that you can ride it like Gogoat, it would be pretty stupid if they weren't found in the wild. It's just common sense.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#2Meta289Posted 7/5/2013 10:53:29 AM
No, they shouldn't assume, even if it is obvious. Press and informative sites have to stick to facts that have been undeniably confirmed.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#3fissionprimerPosted 7/5/2013 10:53:58 AM
Meta289 posted...
No, they shouldn't assume, even if it is obvious. Press and informative sites have to stick to facts that have been undeniably confirmed.

---
I'm handsome too ;)
#4EnferolunosPosted 7/5/2013 10:54:18 AM
You should probably stop acting so confident about what is and isn't common sense.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#5Accrovideogames(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 10:56:36 AM
Enferolunos posted...
You should probably stop acting so confident about what is and isn't common sense.

Wanna bet money? I bet whatever you want that all I said is going to happen.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#6ScepterOfLovePosted 7/5/2013 10:57:31 AM
Take a journalism class TC
---
"Yet here we are, shaking our booties..."
My movie review blog: logankrum.wordpress.com
#7Accrovideogames(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 11:00:28 AM
ScepterOfLove posted...

So a journalist can't say that we'll one day set foot on Mars because it hasn't happened yet?
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#8jayman7Posted 7/5/2013 11:01:24 AM
I consider it safe to assume Wigglytuff and Azumarill are Fairy-types, even though I'm not saying the sites are wrong for not making the change yet.

But I think it's really risky to assume most of the Pokemon you mentioned are in the Kalos Dex. Prior to Diamond and Pearl, they used Scyther to show off gender differences, but he wasn't in the (Diamond/Pearl) Sinnoh Dex, was he?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9Meta289Posted 7/5/2013 11:02:11 AM
Accrovideogames posted...
ScepterOfLove posted...

So a journalist can't say that we'll one day set foot on Mars because it hasn't happened yet?

There's a difference between "speculation" and "assuming as fact".
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#10jayman7Posted 7/5/2013 11:02:14 AM
Accrovideogames posted...
ScepterOfLove posted...

They shouldn't, honestly.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere