This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's stupid that Serebii and Bulbapedia didn't give a Fairy typing to...

#41KinectricPosted 7/6/2013 2:14:25 AM
Accrovideogames posted...
Moogle_trainer posted...
TC serebii and Bulbapedia aren't speculation sites. Until something is confirmed they won't post it no matter how likely it is.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Serebii once posted a fake Corocoro scan in the news section. How's that for journalism? He clearly posted something before confirmation so why can't he do the same with the obvious? Even PokÚJungle said that it took him two seconds to tell that it was fake. Proof: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65422335 (I was even there)

So you're questioning why they aren't posting something that isn't 100% set in stone, but then give an example of them doing just that and being wrong.

You are not helping your case here.
---
Saa, Omae no Tsumi wo Kazoero!
#42ShanoaPosted 7/6/2013 2:28:02 AM
ScepterOfLove posted...
Take a journalism class TC

So a journalist can't say that we'll one day set foot on Mars because it hasn't happened yet?

What does journalism have to do with it?
We're talking about information websites, not the press. It's stupid to list something that hasn't been 100% confirmed. We have speculation forums for that. Wikis should only list 100% facts that have been confirmed thus far, no matter how obvious it is that it might happen.
#43Accrovideogames(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 4:22:30 AM
Kinectric posted...
So you're questioning why they aren't posting something that isn't 100% set in stone, but then give an example of them doing just that and being wrong.

What are you talking about? All I said was that it was stupid to not give Azumarill and Wigglytuff a Fairy typing and to not include some PokÚmon in the regional PokÚdex. I never questioned them for not posting stuff in general.

Serebii from SPP posted...
I try to only post stuff that is confirmed either through my insider contacts or actually confirmed.

Then why didn't you add Rhyhorn's family in the Kalos PokÚdex? Not only did Game Freak confirmed that it can be used as a ride like Gogoat but the trailer even has one in front of the player's house. By the way, how did you get the information regarding Zigzagoon's and Linoone's inclusions?

Shanoa posted...
What does journalism have to do with it?

It was ScepterOfLove who brought it up, not me.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#44DutchKrakenPosted 7/7/2013 5:14:47 AM
Speculation is not the same as confirmed, no matter how bloody obvious it can be. For everyone's sake TC, never become a journalist.

Serebii and Bulbapedia deal with confirmed things, that means that until GameFreak comes out and say Azumarril is also a Fairy-Type, Azumarril will continue to be a Water-Type alone.

Serebii and Bulbapedia deal with those facts alone, just out of the sheer fear of being wrong, because what if Azumarril after the game comes out is still just a Water? They would have lost credibility then and a simple "oops" is not gonna cut it. That is precisely why they only deal with the confirmed stuff alone, because those are the things we KNOW are right.

You see, there is a difference between KNOWING and THINKING, and no matter how obvious to you it can be that this is that... it's still thinking.
---
X360: QuakeNLD - Steam: kraken.nld
Currently playing: Borderlands 2 (PC) - Waiting: Watchdogs (PS4), Pokemon X/Y (3DS)
#45Serebii from SPPPosted 7/7/2013 5:21:11 AM
Then why didn't you add Rhyhorn's family in the Kalos PokÚdex? Not only did Game Freak confirmed that it can be used as a ride like Gogoat but the trailer even has one in front of the player's house. By the way, how did you get the information regarding Zigzagoon's and Linoone's inclusions?

Zigzagoon's inclusion is based upon the artwork for the PokÚdex. It is seen on it. Rhyhorn can be seen, yes, but that doesn't mean it is included. You could see a Pikachu in BW's overworld and it wasn't in the Unova Dex. Plus, we don't know if the Rhyhorn bit is post-game.

Assumption is a bad thing for a website owner to do.
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL PokÚmon Games & Anime info as the top online PokÚdex & Attackdex!
#46Accrovideogames(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 6:44:53 AM(edited)
Zigzagoon's inclusion is based upon the artwork for the PokÚdex. It is seen on it. Rhyhorn can be seen, yes, but that doesn't mean it is included. You could see a Pikachu in BW's overworld and it wasn't in the Unova Dex. Plus, we don't know if the Rhyhorn bit is post-game.

There's a difference between a picture on a billboard and an actual PokÚmon. By the way, how can you be so certain that every new PokÚmon are going to be in the Kalos PokÚdex? Don't tell me that is obvious, I want actual confirmation from Game Freak, one that specifically states that they're in the PokÚdex. Also, what if the PokÚdex on which Zigzagoon appears is actually the National PokÚdex?
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#47toink_611Posted 7/7/2013 8:24:07 AM
ITT: TC is acting and looking dumb trying to defend himself
---
I speak and preach only the truth. Probably what you don't want to hear, but need to hear.
#48CharizardFirePosted 7/7/2013 8:30:16 AM

There's a difference between a picture on a billboard and an actual PokÚmon. By the way, how can you be so certain that every new PokÚmon are going to be in the Kalos PokÚdex? Don't tell me that is obvious, I want actual confirmation from Game Freak, one that specifically states that they're in the PokÚdex. Also, what if the PokÚdex on which Zigzagoon appears is actually the National PokÚdex?

Well, I can't really speak for Serebii, but...

1) The only time new Pokemon weren't featured in the new regional dex was in Diamond and Pearl (although Platinum's expansion didn't add all of the missing new Pokemon). Therefore, it's fairly safe to say that all new Pokemon will be in the regional dex.
2) The Pokedex picture that shows Zigzagoon shows it alongside some Kalos Pokemon. Unless the National Pokedex has been reordered (unlikely, since it's been the same bar new additions since Red and Blue), the picture is depicting one of the Kalos regional Pokedexes (which one isn't known, though).
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#49PokeCrisPosted 7/7/2013 8:53:30 AM
toink_611 posted...
ITT: TC is acting and looking dumb trying to defend himself

I must agree with this.
---
3DS FC: 0430-8439-5209
#50grizzly_hamsterPosted 7/7/2013 8:54:03 AM
What does it even matter? The games aren't out for another 3 months. As long as the info is up by then, who cares?
---
Nobody loves the fungus!!!