This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Object Pokemon discussion topic

#1iKhanicPosted 7/5/2013 3:13:07 PM
So this is a topic to discuss which pokemon based on inorganic entities we like and dislike.

My favorite pokemon that are objects are probably Magneton and Chandelure.

I'm not a fan of Vanilluxe and Honedge

BTW, in looking on bulbapedia for this topic, I noticed Gen 2 has a distinct lack of object pokes.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2PrettyTonyTigerPosted 7/5/2013 3:16:36 PM
Gen 2 lacked everything pretty much

It focused too hard on stupid useless gimmicks. Only 100 new pokemon, and It lacked things a lot of gens had, like a dragon line
---
My mother used to say i was a little reverend, that's why they call me God number seven
#3InhaledCornPosted 7/5/2013 3:21:07 PM
I don't know why people are so up-in-arms about object-based Pokemon.

This isn't the first time it's happened, and it won't be the last. Not all Pokemon are based on living things, my god, people.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#4Hierarchy225Posted 7/5/2013 3:30:32 PM
InhaledCorn posted...

This isn't the first time it's happened, and it won't be the last. Not all Pokemon are based on living things, my god, people.

Some people just don't comprehend this. They just keep thinking about Charizard, and expect every Pokemon to be like that.
---
The Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#5iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 3:38:47 PM
InhaledCorn posted...

That's true, but just like with organically based pokemon, there are some good and some bad.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#6slothicaPosted 7/5/2013 3:44:56 PM
I have no problem with it at all, as long as they have a good concept behind them, like Cofagrigus or now Honedge.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
I died and went to heaven. Apparently I'm on the ban list.
#7OsrangerPosted 7/5/2013 4:01:59 PM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...

It focused too hard on stupid useless gimmicks. Only 100 new pokemon, and It lacked things a lot of gens had, like a dragon line

No, instead it actually put more than one move into the dragon move pool. It also introduced Tyranitar, a pokemon which had a unique type combination and wasn't a rehash of Dragonite. It was actually a sequel, not a new game in a new region. It built upon what was successful in gen 1, and added two new types which helped to balance out the type chart. It allowed people to explore two regions, it actually had a post game filled with content, and have people the opportunity to battle the old protagonist, who's pikachu was the highest level pokemon in game until gen 4 came with Barry, and you had to battle him post and multiple times before that would happen.

There is nothing wrong with adding only 100 new pokemon, since the two regions are within walking distance of each other, and it was the first gen to add pokemon, so the fact that it added less pokemon than later gens is not a big deal. It also allowed a certain amount of freedom when traversing the new landscape from a central hub of Goldenrod, you can get to anywhere quickly. That is better than just one long line of routes that eventually makes its way back to pallet town.

Your post detracts from the topic at hand, which is much unappreciated.

For me, inanimate object pokemon are hit of miss. They need to be done right. The Magneton line is among my favorites, and Chandelure is definitely one of my favorite pokemon from gen 5 (though that doesn't mean much for me), but Voltorb, and yamask weren't as interesting for me, and I don't even know what sygliph is, but I assume it fits into this category. I hate that thing.
---
The surest way not to lose is to not play, but where's the fun in that?
If words are power, you'd think that dictionaries would be more interesting.
#8ColonelHawkPosted 7/5/2013 4:15:34 PM
Something that was brought up in another topic that people don't seem to comprehend is that Pokemon is Japanese, and has Japanese cultural influences, like it's religion, Shintoism's beliefs include inanimate objects gaining sentience after 100 years. So it's not like they ran out of ideas and picked random objects in their houses, it has an actual (Also, the series is called "Pocket Monsters", not "Pocket Animals", for crying out loud)
#9PrettyTonyTigerPosted 7/5/2013 4:17:54 PM
Osranger posted...
PrettyTonyTiger posted...

No, instead it actually put more than one move into the dragon move pool. It also introduced Tyranitar, a pokemon which had a unique type combination and wasn't a rehash of Dragonite. It was actually a sequel, not a new game in a new region. It built upon what was successful in gen 1, and added two new types which helped to balance out the type chart. It allowed people to explore two regions, it actually had a post game filled with content, and have people the opportunity to battle the old protagonist, who's pikachu was the highest level pokemon in game until gen 4 came with Barry, and you had to battle him post and multiple times before that would happen.

There is nothing wrong with adding only 100 new pokemon, since the two regions are within walking distance of each other, and it was the first gen to add pokemon, so the fact that it added less pokemon than later gens is not a big deal. It also allowed a certain amount of freedom when traversing the new landscape from a central hub of Goldenrod, you can get to anywhere quickly. That is better than just one long line of routes that eventually makes its way back to pallet town.

Your post detracts from the topic at hand, which is much unappreciated.

For me, inanimate object pokemon are hit of miss. They need to be done right. The Magneton line is among my favorites, and Chandelure is definitely one of my favorite pokemon from gen 5 (though that doesn't mean much for me), but Voltorb, and yamask weren't as interesting for me, and I don't even know what sygliph is, but I assume it fits into this category. I hate that thing.

ok
---
My mother used to say i was a little reverend, that's why they call me God number seven
#10reaverzPosted 7/5/2013 4:20:56 PM
I'm pretty used to them now, but even Unown rubbed me the wrong way at first. It wasnt until Bronzong that I really took to them.

I'm now patiently waiting for a kasa-obake Pokemon. You know, that Japanese umbrella monster with one eye and leg wearing a sandal? I'm guenuinely surprised that GameFreak still hasn't made one. I was pegging it to be our potential Ghost/Steel before Honedge came along...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]