This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Object Pokemon discussion topic

#11The_Undying_84Posted 7/5/2013 3:25:51 PM
I'm fine with it in theory, some of them suck though.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#125ky_4nth3mPosted 7/5/2013 3:41:24 PM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
Gen 2 lacked everything pretty much

It focused too hard on stupid useless gimmicks. Only 100 new pokemon, and It lacked things a lot of gens had, like a dragon line

yeah sure... let's just forget about stuff like scizor, tyranitar, lugia, feraligatr, typhlosion, crobat, heracross, etc.

oh, and while we're at it let's also forget about breeding, hold items, weather, time (day/night + daily/weekly events), steel and dark types, pokegear (not the best thing ever but definitely better than what you had in gen1 which was nothing at all).

just like you said: "lacked everything pretty much" and was "nothing but useless gimmicks"... that just happened to be the biggest foundation to the games you enjoy playing today (other than the original games that made everything possible, of course).

way to be an ungrateful little ***** lol

ps: oh, but wait! it didn't have a dragon line so it sucks, right?
wrong again. even though it didn't NEED a "dragon line" kingdra made it's line dragon by being water/dragon and the last evolutionary stage, stupid.
---
3DS FC: 1504-6073-5046
#13PrettyTonyTigerPosted 7/5/2013 3:49:46 PM
I was only talking about the pokemon. The pokemon you listed are the only worthwhile ones. And then you have random crap thrown in like dunsparce, stantler, gimmicks like unown and smeargle (neat but sucky stats) and about dragons, i would've thought they'd added another dragon family, due to only being one in gen one, and the fact blackthron city relied so heavily on dragon lore (which dratini was the only one there)
---
My mother used to say i was a little reverend, that's why they call me God number seven
#145ky_4nth3mPosted 7/5/2013 3:52:26 PM
and in the end i forgot to state my opinion regarding the real subject lol

i don't really have anything against pokemon species inspired by objects since Pokemon never intended to be a mirror of the real world.

the only thing that i look for when it comes to pokemon is a clever design and a decent stat spread. if i have those two, i can easily get attached to any kind of pokemon.
---
#15ZTIger5Posted 7/5/2013 4:04:50 PM
Vanilluxe, not really, but I really like Honedge. Magnezone is one of my favorite object pokemon. Can't really think of any others at the moment, but aside from the ice cream line, I'm pretty cool with all of them.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#165ky_4nth3mPosted 7/5/2013 4:24:18 PM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
I was only talking about the pokemon. The pokemon you listed are the only worthwhile ones. And then you have random crap thrown in like dunsparce, stantler, gimmicks like unown and smeargle (neat but sucky stats) and about dragons, i would've thought they'd added another dragon family, due to only being one in gen one, and the fact blackthron city relied so heavily on dragon lore (which dratini was the only one there)

oh really? did i really mention all of them?
then, what about ho-oh, lanturn, ampharos, espeon, umbreon, murkrow, wobbuffet, forretress, gligar, steelix, sneasel, magcargo (yes, it is one of the worst pokemon competitively but the design is really good), skarmory, houndoom, kingdra, porygon2, hitmontop, blissey, raikou, entei and suicune?

when did they all become terrible?

random crap? like what? jynx, seaking, electrode,exeggutor, muk,raticate, farfetch'd, dewgong, hypno, tangela, linoone, beautifly, dustox, pelipper, slaking, exploud, hariyama, nosepass, delcatty, mawile, medicham, etc, etc, etc, etc.

honestly, stop that.
you want to hate on gen2? sure, go ahead and say it out loud. i couldn't care less.
just don't make up excuses to justify hating on it because that makes you look like an ass.
---