This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Voltorb's design is simple yet elegant. Honedge is busy as F. Jeez.

#91rocknroller365Posted 7/5/2013 7:55:26 PM
wind64a posted...
A Novel Idea posted...
wind64a posted...
Unneccesary complexity can be a problem but the Triquetra on Honedge could simply be another way Masuda is incorporating the strong French inspiration for the Kalos region. It has many associations, some positive and some negative, such as the three witches the Mother, Maiden, and Crone.

Mmm--and the father, the son and the holy ghost, too! Celtic knots, Celtic not? The symbol is simple and powerful enough to be the cornerstone of the design on its own, but they had to muddle it up with the other elements. I like this post a lot, though!

My guess would be that the primary use for it (in this case) is Life, Death and Rebirth. The person lives by the sword, dies by the sword, and is reborn as the sword itself. You'll note that the "eyes" make another trio with the real eye on the hilt. This could be considered another reference to trinities and to how the third eye has a strong association with the spiritual plane. The ribbon resemples an arm and grasps the hilt, though it also resembles a wing on the end following how Honedge can fly around on it's own. The mouth could represent the lament of the spirit forced to fight onwards even after death.

Congratulations on writing the best post in this awful troll of a topic. Your interpretation is interesting. :)
#92wind64aPosted 7/5/2013 8:04:40 PM
rocknroller365 posted...
wind64a posted...
A Novel Idea posted...
wind64a posted...
Unneccesary complexity can be a problem but the Triquetra on Honedge could simply be another way Masuda is incorporating the strong French inspiration for the Kalos region. It has many associations, some positive and some negative, such as the three witches the Mother, Maiden, and Crone.

Mmm--and the father, the son and the holy ghost, too! Celtic knots, Celtic not? The symbol is simple and powerful enough to be the cornerstone of the design on its own, but they had to muddle it up with the other elements. I like this post a lot, though!

My guess would be that the primary use for it (in this case) is Life, Death and Rebirth. The person lives by the sword, dies by the sword, and is reborn as the sword itself. You'll note that the "eyes" make another trio with the real eye on the hilt. This could be considered another reference to trinities and to how the third eye has a strong association with the spiritual plane. The ribbon resemples an arm and grasps the hilt, though it also resembles a wing on the end following how Honedge can fly around on it's own. The mouth could represent the lament of the spirit forced to fight onwards even after death.

Congratulations on writing the best post in this awful troll of a topic. Your interpretation is interesting. :)

Thank you. The purpose of art is to create the most meaning in the simplest manner. If the design is more complex, but brings an even greater number of meanings to the table, while maintaining the theme, then there really isn't an issue.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#93TyranidomegaPosted 7/5/2013 8:12:55 PM
wind64a posted...
rocknroller365 posted...
wind64a posted...
A Novel Idea posted...
wind64a posted...

Thank you. The purpose of art is to create the most meaning in the simplest manner. If the design is more complex, but brings an even greater number of meanings to the table, while maintaining the theme, then there really isn't an issue.

Love it when someone brings such creative viewpoints to Pokemon
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#94PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/5/2013 8:19:14 PM
A Novel Idea topic. Moving on.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)
#95Scisor50Posted 7/5/2013 8:50:29 PM
Yeah I'm still surprised people keep replying seriously to this troll topic.
---
Today will be the day.
#96mooreandrew58Posted 7/5/2013 8:57:54 PM
am I the only one who thinks they both look crappy? idk about which gen has the most overall but each gen has some really horrible looking pokemon
#97wind64aPosted 7/5/2013 8:59:42 PM
Tyranidomega posted...

Love it when someone brings such creative viewpoints to Pokemon

Thank you. I wonder if it's ironic that I'm a science major and currently taking general physics B.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#98MelkacPosted 7/5/2013 9:00:22 PM
Voltorb's design is boring yet stupid. Honedge is cool as h. Jeez.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#99AlI_About_The_UPosted 7/5/2013 9:07:24 PM
Busy? Pfft. It's not even a Gunblade.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#100MagikarpRulesPosted 7/5/2013 9:13:19 PM
Long story short, TC is trying to justify his dislike for Honedge. Which isn't necessary, since no one cares.